1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aspiring automotive engineer looking for advanced information.

1. Nov 10, 2011 #1
    Hello there, (Sorry, I hope not to come on here too forward or over anyone's head).

I am 25 years old (Junior), I seek information and am super hungry for it. I seek how to design cars, and all aspects thereof. I have decided to pursue establishing my own automotive engineering firm, and have dedicated most of my spare time since I was 12 and most of my working life in a field related to automobiles.

I have already read many books, magazines, watched many MIT, UCBerkeley, Standford, Texas A&M youtube videos about engineering, physics, chemistry, robotics, and much more. Recently I have googled almost daily for new subjects to study and read up for hours at a time whenever I have time off. I have done this for about 5-6 years now, so, I am about as google literate as possible. However, now I am completely stuck. I can not find the more advanced info I search for.

I want to know if there is a specific source where I can find engineering principles and theory regarding engines themselves? I have many books already (from rebuilding to modifying), and have read so many articles and magazines, but I can't find a "Holy Bible" of engine design theory. Like, if I were to make an engine out of a block of metal kind of thing.

All information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted