Assign a certain position to an object or a variable?

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
JamesU
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

how could I assign a certain position to an object or a variable? I'm trying to make a game on my calc., and it uses an form of assembly. I want some keys to be able to move my charachter (which is an X)

Answers and Replies

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
So is ASM the flavor of the week? Why don't you actually settle on ONE language and do something useful with it. Jumping around from language to language isn't going to make you a better programmer. Ever heard of the expression: jack of all trades but master of none?

ASM in itself comes in many flavors based on the processor used. On the Texas Instrument calculators anything before the TI89 is Z80 ASM while the TI89 and greater is 68k ASM. If your have a TI89 or higher they actually have a C compiler that targets the processor.

Which calculator do you have?

does the 83/84 have the same proc type in it? the 83 came out with the 89, and the 84 is the new 83 type modle

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
The 83/84/85/86 all use the Z80
The 89/92 use the 68k

JamesU
Gold Member
I have a TI-89 Titanium. I've never heard of a C compiler on it :confused:

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
JamesU
Gold Member
Do I just write the C in the program editor? or do I have to change something first?

No, you have to compile the C program on your computer and then send it to your calculator.

JamesU
Gold Member
um...what?

yomamma said:
um...what?
If you have virtual TI all you have to do is hit F10 select your compiled app and that's it... simple.

JamesU
Gold Member
I don't have an F10. :frown: