Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Assign a certain position to an object or a variable?

1. Sep 20, 2005 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

how could I assign a certain position to an object or a variable? I'm trying to make a game on my calc., and it uses an form of assembly. I want some keys to be able to move my charachter (which is an X)

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2005 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

So is ASM the flavor of the week? Why don't you actually settle on ONE language and do something useful with it. Jumping around from language to language isn't going to make you a better programmer. Ever heard of the expression: jack of all trades but master of none?

ASM in itself comes in many flavors based on the processor used. On the Texas Instrument calculators anything before the TI89 is Z80 ASM while the TI89 and greater is 68k ASM. If your have a TI89 or higher they actually have a C compiler that targets the processor.

Which calculator do you have?

4. Sep 21, 2005 #3
    does the 83/84 have the same proc type in it? the 83 came out with the 89, and the 84 is the new 83 type modle

5. Sep 21, 2005 #4

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

The 83/84/85/86 all use the Z80
    The 89/92 use the 68k

6. Sep 21, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

I have a TI-89 Titanium. I've never heard of a C compiler on it :confused:

7. Sep 21, 2005 #6

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

8. Sep 21, 2005 #7

JamesU

Gold Member

Do I just write the C in the program editor? or do I have to change something first?

9. Sep 21, 2005 #8
    No, you have to compile the C program on your computer and then send it to your calculator.

10. Sep 21, 2005 #9

JamesU

Gold Member

um...what?

11. Sep 22, 2005 #10
    If you have virtual TI all you have to do is hit F10 select your compiled app and that's it... simple.

12. Sep 23, 2005 #11

JamesU

Gold Member

I don't have an F10. :frown:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?