How can I design an experiment to test bouyancy for my physics EEI?

In summary, the conversation is about ideas for a physics experiment related to buoyancy. The person is looking for suggestions for an extended experimental investigation and is considering making a model of a boat. One suggestion is to look into Archimedes principle and Bernoulli's principle. The person is also advised to design an experiment to answer their proposed questions. A link to a website with tips for success in science fairs is also provided.
Flamein_firen
This if my first post and I think this is the right place to post this, hope so anyway.

Just wondering if you guys had any ideas for a physics experiment relationg to bouyancy. I have to do a EEI (extended experimental investigation) for physics and so far I don't have too many ideas. I can make a model of a boat or something and cut it out using some weird machine but I would have no idea what to test.

Anyway any ideas would be appreciated

Physics news on Phys.org
How do bouancy depend on depth below the surface?

Does it change if the liquid flows (lift generated?)?

Ummm I don't get what you are saying

Look up Archimedes principle and Bernoulli's principle...

What I am suggesting is to design an experiment to answer the proposed questions. That is the hypothesis you start out with.

http://www.scifair.org/10easystepstosuccess.html"

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is assignment buoyancy Yr12?

Assignment buoyancy Yr12 is a physics assignment commonly given to students in their 12th year of education. It involves exploring the concept of buoyancy, which is the upward force exerted by a fluid on a submerged object.

2. What are the key topics covered in this assignment?

The key topics covered in this assignment include Archimedes' Principle, density, and the relationship between buoyant force, weight, and volume. Students will also be expected to apply these concepts to real-life scenarios and conduct experiments to demonstrate their understanding.

3. How can I prepare for this assignment?

To prepare for this assignment, it is important to review the relevant concepts and equations related to buoyancy. You may also want to practice solving problems and conducting experiments to reinforce your understanding. Additionally, familiarizing yourself with the assignment guidelines and any required materials or resources can help you prepare effectively.

4. What are some common challenges students face when completing this assignment?

Some common challenges students may face when completing this assignment include understanding the mathematical equations and concepts involved, as well as conducting experiments accurately and interpreting the results. It is important to seek clarification from your teacher or classmates if you are struggling with any aspect of the assignment.

5. How can I ensure a successful grade on this assignment?

To ensure a successful grade on this assignment, it is important to thoroughly understand the concepts and equations involved, as well as following the assignment guidelines and completing all required components. It may also be helpful to seek feedback from your teacher or classmates and make any necessary revisions before submitting the final assignment.