Assignment due in less than 1 hr

• Thread starter disruptors
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Assignment
In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with a question involving two blocks and two pulleys. The person is having trouble understanding the system and asks for a picture, but is unable to post it. Another person suggests starting with the equation \sum{F} = ma and drawing a free body diagram to solve for T. The conversation ends with the suggestion to do the same for the next part of the question.
disruptors
Hey ppl, sorry I was just wondering if anyone knew how to do the question i posted earlier(TWO BLOCKS AND TWO PULLEYS), as I have to submit it and cannot figure it out still!?

Thanks...

Physics news on Phys.org
can you post a picture of it. I'm having trouble picturing this system.

here's the pic, thanks

where? I don't see it as part of your post

oh sorry tiger, its okay i had to submit it, thanks for your time...i can't get the pic up for some reason..

Attachments

• pulley pic.jpg
    pulley pic.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 452
Likes Delta2
never mind must have been my browser

well how did you do the first part? it looks right to me. you did:

[tex]\sum{F} = ma[/tex]

always always ALWAYS start with this over and over again (or at least try to strat with this). The right hand side will have only ma or 0 that's all it will ever have ( and zero is a particular case of ma--when it is not accelarating, that is, not moving, or constant velocity) The left hand side just sums your forces. So after picking your postitive and negnative on your x and y-axis (always do this too) and drew your free body diagram (I hop you did this) you must of did:

[tex]T + T = m_2a_2[/tex]

And then you solved for T

Now for the next part do the same thing

1) Draw FBD
2) [tex]\sum{F} = ma[/tex]
3) [tex]T - m_1g = m_1a_1[/tex]

And then solve for [tex]a_1[/tex] in terms of everything else they gave you

Likes Delta2

1. What should I do if I can't finish my assignment in less than 1 hour?

If you are unable to complete your assignment in less than 1 hour, it is important to communicate with your teacher or professor as soon as possible. They may be able to provide an extension or alternative solution. It is also important to prioritize and focus on the most important aspects of the assignment.

2. Is it possible to complete a quality assignment in less than 1 hour?

It is possible to complete a quality assignment in less than 1 hour, but it will require strong time management and prioritization skills. It is important to focus on the most important aspects of the assignment and to avoid getting bogged down in unnecessary details.

3. Should I ask for help if I am struggling to complete my assignment in less than 1 hour?

If you are struggling to complete your assignment in less than 1 hour, it is always a good idea to ask for help. This could be from a classmate, teacher, or tutor. They may be able to provide guidance and support to help you complete the assignment on time.

4. How can I stay focused and productive while completing an assignment in less than 1 hour?

To stay focused and productive while completing an assignment in less than 1 hour, it is important to eliminate distractions and create a focused work environment. It can also be helpful to set small goals and breaks to keep yourself motivated and on track.

5. What should I do if I am unable to meet the deadline for an assignment due in less than 1 hour?

If you are unable to meet the deadline for an assignment due in less than 1 hour, it is important to communicate with your teacher or professor as soon as possible. They may be able to provide an extension or alternative solution. It is also important to reflect on the reasons why you were unable to meet the deadline and learn from the experience for future assignments.