What are some practical courses for non-career advancement?

In summary, the speaker is currently working at a community college and has the opportunity to take "free" courses. They already have a BS/MS in Environmental Technology/Management and are looking for additional courses that may have practical applications in their personal life, not for career advancement. They are specifically interested in useful courses or programs and potentially lower level courses, such as language courses.
bburn86
I currently work at a community college and as a result have the oppertunity to take "free" courses (I still have to pay for books and some fees). I already have BS/MS in Environmental Technology/Management, so I have a fairly good foundation in chemistry, math, geology, and environment law/permiting issues.

I am wondering what might be some of the more useful type of courses to take that may have practical applications at home/in my regular life (I am not looking for anything to advance career).

So basically what I am asking is what are some of the more useful type of courses or programs even if you do not intend to use this information for a career, or maybe what some of your favorite lower level courses were.

Physics news on Phys.org
Langauge courses?

1. What is an associate level course?

An associate level course is a type of undergraduate program that typically takes two years to complete. It is considered to be the first level of college education and usually leads to an associate's degree. These courses cover a wide range of subjects and are designed to provide students with a strong foundation for further studies or entry-level jobs in various fields.

2. How do I choose the right associate level course?

To choose the right associate level course, you should consider your interests, strengths, and career goals. Research different programs and their curriculum to see if they align with your goals. You can also talk to academic advisors or current students to get a better idea of the courses and opportunities available.

3. Can I transfer my associate degree credits to a four-year university?

Yes, many colleges and universities accept transfer credits from associate degrees. However, it's important to check with the specific institution you plan to transfer to and see if they have any specific requirements or limitations for transfer credits.

4. How many credits do I need to complete an associate degree?

The number of credits required for an associate degree varies depending on the program and school. However, most associate degrees require around 60 credits, which can typically be completed in two years if you take a full course load each semester.

5. What types of careers can I pursue with an associate degree?

An associate degree can prepare you for a variety of entry-level jobs in fields such as business, healthcare, technology, education, and more. It can also serve as a stepping stone to further education, such as a bachelor's degree, which can open up even more career opportunities.