1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Astable and bistable

1. Jun 2, 2005 #1
    Astable and bistable have been recently added in our syllabus. As a result it’s not in my textbook. My teacher did give a lecture on it but unfortunately I didn’t get a single thing...
    Can you guys please give a link to some site(s) which give(s) a good introduction to the Astable and bistable circuits with some basic applications? I've already tried google but most of the pages there are too complicated for me to understand. I also need some good links which have introduction to the theories on star formation and the death of stars.
    Thanks in advance for any help that you guys can offer. :smile:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2005 #2

Andrew Mason

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It looks to me like an astable circuit is continuously oscillating. A bistable circuit can be in one of two states but can stay in either one for an indefinite time (flip-flop circuit). See:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multivibrator

AM

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook