Astounding Moon Footage

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
"Astounding Moon Footage"

A running story with the pseudo crowd, this is almost certainly bunk. I will post any related information should it become available.

The August, 2003 issue of Electric Space Craft, a scientific journal, contains an amazing series of images taken from NASA footage included in the TV program, NOVA: To the Moon. The significance of the images has only recently been noticed
http://shadowboxent.brinkster.net/moon/esjmoon.html

FZ+

Tsu

Gold Member
Originally posted by FZ+
Curious... the link doesn't work for me, and googling for Electric Spacecraft gives a journal that apparently hasn't been updated since december 2002...

http://www.electricspacecraft.com/journal.htm
Ivan's link worked OK for me - when you searched, did you google for Elec. Spacecraft (two words) or Electric Space Craft (three words), as in Ivan's post? That might make a difference.

Tsu

Gold Member
Re: "Astounding Moon Footage"

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
A running story with the pseudo crowd, this is almost certainly bunk. I will post any related information should it become available.

http://shadowboxent.brinkster.net/moon/esjmoon.html
That's very wierd, Ivan. At first I thought the smoke plume might be a shadow of the projection, but the relative position of the sun to the earth doesn't seem to support this. Hmmm... Wierd.

FZ+

Originally posted by Tsunami
Ivan's link worked OK for me - when you searched, did you google for Elec. Spacecraft (two words) or Electric Space Craft (three words), as in Ivan's post? That might make a difference.
Nope... now that Ivan's link is working.... You might notice that the link I gave was also linked to FROM Ivan's link.

Did NASA want you to see this?
Though this is gibberish, the photos are kinda interesting...
One thing to suggest though is that while the "plume" may not be the shadow, the actual tower may be simply a pretty small object exaggerated by the sun from an odd direction. Has happened before...

For the "plume"... Dunno, but one possiblility is a smudge etc on the actual camera itself. For example, looking at this frame, you can see a dark patch in the same position the plume appears a bit later, and we can see a change in the brightness of the entire picture in the frame it does... Hope the attachment works...

Attachments