1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Astrometry (CANOPUS)

1. Jan 25, 2006 #1
    Well I'm not entirely sure if this is the right section, but it seemed better than placing it in the Astronomy section because I am requiring some assistance.

I'm wondering if anybody has used the astrometry software CANOPUS version 9.0.1.1?

I've been looking all over for some information on how to use the "auto astrometry" function. It was apparently well labelled in an older edition, but the new version is difficult to know which function I use. I think I have found the function, but it would be really helpful to know what I need to set some of the parameters to in order to detect the faint 19th V magnitude asteroids.

If anyone has ever used it and has come across a good tutorial or wouldn't mind explaining some things to me I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2006 #2

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I haven't used it, but actually, I think you would have a better chance of finding somebody who has in the astronomy section.

4. Jan 25, 2006 #3
    haha yeah a probably a better chance there, but I wasn't sure if that was violating the PF rules.

I'll re-post this there anyway.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?