Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Astronaut food

1. Jul 18, 2008 #1

Mk

Maybe I'd like to have an astronaut meal some time, complete with tang, that "astronaut ice cream" they sell at NASA Space Stations (I've never had either), and something else astronauts eat. Have you tried any "astronaut food" before? How was it?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2008 #2

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

The frozen ice cream balls are sold at a lot of theme parks. Sea World, Hershey Park, Six Flags are three that I can recall besides the Nasa Space Exploratorium or whatever its called there in Clear Lake.

Tang you can get in a store. And if you want a food from a pouch you can drink a juice box of suck down a tube of anchovy paste.

If you put vodka in your juice box, you might even get drunk enough to feel weightless. To infinity and beyond, all within the confines of your own home.

4. Jul 18, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

When I was in elementary shool, I lived near NASA and the astronauts would come to my school to talk to us. I tried some of the first astronaut food, which I understand is nothing like what they have today. The food today is more like the food they have for campers.

5. Jul 18, 2008 #4

Mk

You mean Dippin Dots? I thought that stuff at NASA was a powder or something.

6. Jul 18, 2008 #5
    It's like some powdery type of food but it's somewhat solid. I've tried some of the NASA ice cream and it does taste like the flavor but no-where near actual ice cream obviously.

7. Jul 18, 2008 #6

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Yep. Didn't remember the name.

8. Jul 19, 2008 #7
    Evo,

Houston, the Cape, or Huntsville?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?