Astronaut food

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date

Mk

Maybe I'd like to have an astronaut meal some time, complete with tang, that "astronaut ice cream" they sell at NASA Space Stations (I've never had either), and something else astronauts eat. Have you tried any "astronaut food" before? How was it?

LowlyPion

Homework Helper
Maybe I'd like to have an astronaut meal some time, complete with tang, that "astronaut ice cream" they sell at NASA Space Stations (I've never had either), and something else astronauts eat. Have you tried any "astronaut food" before? How was it?
The frozen ice cream balls are sold at a lot of theme parks. Sea World, Hershey Park, Six Flags are three that I can recall besides the Nasa Space Exploratorium or whatever its called there in Clear Lake.

Tang you can get in a store. And if you want a food from a pouch you can drink a juice box of suck down a tube of anchovy paste.

If you put vodka in your juice box, you might even get drunk enough to feel weightless. To infinity and beyond, all within the confines of your own home.

Evo

Mentor
When I was in elementary shool, I lived near NASA and the astronauts would come to my school to talk to us. I tried some of the first astronaut food, which I understand is nothing like what they have today. The food today is more like the food they have for campers.

Mk

The frozen ice cream balls are sold at a lot of theme parks. Sea World, Hershey Park, Six Flags are three that I can recall besides the Nasa Space Exploratorium or whatever its called there in Clear Lake.
You mean Dippin Dots? I thought that stuff at NASA was a powder or something.

It's like some powdery type of food but it's somewhat solid. I've tried some of the NASA ice cream and it does taste like the flavor but no-where near actual ice cream obviously.

Evo,

Houston, the Cape, or Huntsville?