Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Astronomical Archives

1. May 29, 2013 #1
    I've been doing a lot of work with massive star formation regions the last few months, and right now I'm trying to find an easy way to determine most their distance from the earth. By easy I mean if there is anywhere that might have it in their records, like the CDS astronomical archive has a bunch of info on record. If not I am going to have to sift through large amounts of literature so if anybody knows any list of stars or objects that includes distances I'd love to learn about a new website.

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2013 #2

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. May 30, 2013 #3
    Thanks Dave,
    I've been looking at so much literature at this point I don't remember what I tried searching. In the last week and a half I've located at least 50-70 msfr, and have far more potential candidates I have yet to sort out, and the only really definitive way I have been able to confirm if my targets fit the criteria is by reading the literature.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook