Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Astrophotographer New Member

1. Nov 4, 2014 #1
    Hi All,

I just joined the forum and most of my inquires will relate to astrophysics. I am a retired professor of neurology and have turned my interests towards astrophotography and teaching astronomy at a local university. I have built my own observatory and my work can be seen at www.RoscoeSkies.com. I specialize in nebulae. I have attached one of my more recent images.

Cheers,
    Dennis

https://www.dropbox.com/s/heqela1y6nyomfh/Eagle Nebula 10-31-2014.jpg?dl=0

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2014 #2
    Welcome Dennis! Nice photo! Would love to have your input in our Star Gazing forum!

4. Nov 4, 2014 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Wow! Welcome to the PF, Dennis. That attached image is stunning! I'm at work ATM, and my work firewall will not let me access your website. I'll check it out from home later. :-)

5. Nov 4, 2014 #4

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi Dennis
    welcome and great to have another astrophotographers aboard :)

awesome pic of the nebula and shows the pillars well !!

as a suggestion, put some other info on that page with the pic
    Am sure I'm not the only one who wants to know what gear you used, exposure times, how many stacked exposures etc :)

(edit ... OK see some of that info on your main page .... nice scope setup ! )

cheers
    Dave

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  6. Nov 5, 2014 #5

RonL

Gold Member

Very beautiful picture:).....and welcome to PF

7. Nov 10, 2014 #6
    Hi Dennis,

Just wanted to let you know that your site is down

thanks,
    Greg

8. Nov 11, 2014 #7
    Hello! I'm not sure if it was down yesterday, but for me, roscoeskies.com is fully functioning. Those pictures are excellent, I must say.

Best wishes.

9. Nov 12, 2014 #8

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Let's hope that will be not your only post, now and then we have questions (in other sciences, or medicine) were your original expertise could come handy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook