• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Astrophysics/Astronomy Extended Essay Help Please -- Trying to figure out a research topic

Homework Statement
Ideas for astrophysics EE
Homework Equations
Extended essay
Homework Statement: Ideas for astrophysics EE
Homework Equations: Extended essay

Hi Guys!

I'm trying to figure out a research topic in astrophysics/astronomy for my IB extended essay. I don't really know what to do, do any of you any ideas, maybe even off the top of your heads? It needs to be somewhat doable, or at least I can get data for it from google, it can't be completely theoretical.

berkeman

Mentor
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Homework Statement: Ideas for astrophysics EE
Homework Equations: Extended essay

Hi Guys!

I'm trying to figure out a research topic in astrophysics/astronomy for my IB extended essay. I don't really know what to do, do any of you any ideas, maybe even off the top of your heads? It needs to be somewhat doable, or at least I can get data for it from google, it can't be completely theoretical.
What year are you in University? What classes have you had so far in astrophysics and astronomy? What have been your favorite areas of study in those subjects? What periodicals do you read regularly? (Physics Today, Science News, others?)

Hi! IB is the International Baccalaureate and goes up to high school. I’m not in university yet. I haven’t yet started to study astrophysics in my physics course (I will do that next year), in fact the extended essay is supposed to be due January 2021. I still have a lot of time, I know, but I just wanted to figure it out now so I could start studying the subject and have some sort of advantage.