Explore the Universe with an Astrophysics Simulator - Download Now!

In summary: In fact, the universe is much, much larger."In summary, the person wants to simulate the explosion of the big bang but doesn't know how to do it. They suggest using a game engine or an applet.
Prof_Atis
Hello, I need an astrophysics simulator. I've googled and yahooed but couldn't find any. If you kno where I could download one please let me know. Thanks for your time.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I haven't heard of an "astrophysics simulator" before. What specifically do you want to simulate? With luck mayb someone has written an applet for it.

gasoline,gadget, nchilada, NAMD ...there are many more...those are the ones that I've heard of.

u can also use a game engine for simple astro sims...(coding your own physics component.)

ranger said:
I haven't heard of an "astrophysics simulator" before. What specifically do you want to simulate? With luck mayb someone has written an applet for it.

I want to simulate the explosion of the big bang. According to recent studies there were more than one planet in our solar system and with the correct simulations they should play out the theory and prove that its true. But there are hundreds of things that I would love to check out.

neurocomp2003 said:
gasoline,gadget, nchilada, NAMD ...there are many more...those are the ones that I've heard of.

u can also use a game engine for simple astro sims...(coding your own physics component.)

Thanks- the NAMD seems to look kinda cool so ill try that one. :biggrin:

Prof_Atis said:
According to recent studies there were more than one planet in our solar system.

:confused: Recent studies? I thought that's a *very* old discovery...

Prof_Atis said:
I want to simulate the explosion of the big bang. According to recent studies there were more than one planet in our solar system and with the correct simulations they should play out the theory and prove that its true. But there are hundreds of things that I would love to check out.

There are so many things wrong with this I don't even know where to begin...

1) People have known forever that there's more than one planet in the solar system.

2) There's no such thing as a "big bang simulator," nor could there be. After all, we currently lack the physics to describe the very early times.

3) A simulator which modeled the big bang would not also be modelling planetary formation, unless you have a computer with, eh, way more computer memory that has ever been manufactured.

You're essentially asking for a "universe simulator," and such a thing does not (and, for machine limitations, cannot) exist. We have simulations of galaxy formation, stellar evolution and so on, but it's not possible to simulate the universe with granularity down to individual planets.

- Warren

Prof_Atis said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E4Owc5gdRc"

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a common misconception that "the universe" refers to our solar system plus the immediate surrounding area, hence the fallacy that the big bang is associated with planet formation.

1. What is an AstroPhysics Simulator?

An AstroPhysics Simulator is a computer program that allows users to simulate and explore various astronomical phenomena and scenarios in a virtual environment.

2. What are the main features of an AstroPhysics Simulator?

The main features of an AstroPhysics Simulator typically include realistic physics engines, customizable settings, a user-friendly interface, and a wide range of astronomical objects and events to simulate.

3. How can an AstroPhysics Simulator be used in scientific research?

An AstroPhysics Simulator can be used to model and simulate various astronomical phenomena and scenarios, providing scientists with a way to test and validate their theories and hypotheses in a controlled environment.

4. Are there different types of AstroPhysics Simulators?

Yes, there are various types of AstroPhysics Simulators, each designed for a specific purpose or level of complexity. Some simulators are more focused on visual representation, while others prioritize accuracy and precision in their simulations.

5. Can someone without a scientific background use an AstroPhysics Simulator?

Yes, most AstroPhysics Simulators are designed to be user-friendly and accessible to individuals without a scientific background. They often include tutorials and guides to help users understand the various features and concepts involved in astronomy and physics.