Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Asymmetric tensor

1. Mar 13, 2016 #1
    upload_2016-3-14_8-33-14.png

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 13, 2016 #2

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Is this a homework problem? If so, it should go in the appropriate homework forum, and the homework template should be filled out.

Also, formulas should not be pasted in as images; they should be done using the PF LaTeX feature. Otherwise it's impossible for people to quote your formulas properly when responding.

4. Mar 13, 2016 #3
    No, this is not a homework, I just learn by myself. thank you for your suggestion.

5. Mar 13, 2016 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

If you generated your equations using LaTeX, simply enclose the code for each equation between $$ delimiters on each side (for standalone equations) or ## delimiters (for "inline" equations, embedded inside a paragraph).

6. Mar 14, 2016 #5

haushofer

Science Advisor

We also don't know how to calculate the term, because you don't give us what this omega is. Because omega is antisymmetric, the summation however simplifies, because only ##\frac{1}{2}D(D-1)## components of it are independent.

7. Mar 14, 2016 #6

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

To answer the original question, you have to tell us what you want to achieve. I don't understand what you mean by "how to calculate it". It's just the expression you wrote down, what else should it be?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted