Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

At-home method to test if it is diluted urine?

1. Apr 21, 2005 #1
    If someone has a liquid, is there any fairly simple at-home method to test if it is diluted urine? Something reasonably accurate?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 22, 2005 #2
    theres at-home pregnancy tests lol

lol put the stick in the liquid. If it comes out blue or pink or something, someone might in trouble :p

Well you're at it, why don't you test the liquid for drugs too. Then you'll know if somebody's putting/put drugs in the liquid, AND you might find out whether or not the person who (owned?) the urine (if thats what the liquid is) is on drugs

lol. sorry I didnt really have anything useful to say, I just thought that would be kind of a funny response. I hope somebody's actually able to help you.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  4. Apr 22, 2005 #3

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Urea is the main compound of uring, so all you have to find is a chemical that will react will urea and give you a colour.

5. Apr 23, 2005 #4
    Could you also detect creatine?

6. Apr 23, 2005 #5
    Ah, yes, that's all I have to do! All that would involve is rephrasing my original question from "urine" to "urea"

7. Apr 23, 2005 #6

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This probably isn't what you're looking for, but my neighbor has one of the special black lights and it's pretty cool.
    http://www.spy-tronix.com/item.html?PRID=1369368
    She has three cats and one of them was going tee-tee in the house. She bought one of these lights to help her find out where he was doing it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?