At last I found a place to live

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
In summary: You'll have a great summer in the city.In summary, Jason found a place to live in Quebec City and it was a straightforward process. He found a place close to work and within the old city.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Some of you may remember my older thread about a job that I got in Quebec City. At the time, I had no place to live in Quebec City and I live quite far from there (10 hour drive). Plus, I'm starting work next week so I had just under a month to find a place to live.

I thought it was going to be straightforward, but it wasn't. Most asked for 12 month leases and subletting (rent from a tenant) ended in July. I need a place for only May to end of August. Most places were taken by the time I called them. I started looking further away from where I live (15 minute drive) when I wanted something directly downtown. All the downtown places seemed to be getting sucked up by tourists.

Luckily, I waited before agreeing to a place further away because I found a place directly in the heart of downtown! A nice area too! My cousin said it was the nicest place out of all the places I sent her to (she went to see the places for me) and it's around a 1 minute walk from work. :smile:

I should be leaving next week on Wednesday. Definitely awesome! I'll post pictures of my place and the city throughout the summer.

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, that sounds great! Congrats!

Awesome! I can't wait to see pictures!

scorpa said:
Awesome! I can't wait to see pictures!

I'm only a week away from pictures. :biggrin:

Congratulations; I hope you enjoy living in the place!

That sounds wonderful Jason!

I just love it when plans all fall into place, I'm sure your going to have a great summer.

That sounds wonderful Jason! I loved the old city in Quebec when I visited a couple years ago. It really is a beautiful and fun place to live, and I'm really happy for you that you landed something right there and a nice place too. Good luck with the move and let us know when you're all settled. :smile:

Thanks everyone! And yes, the plans are now settling in.

I'll give my cousin a big hug when I see her. Her help was priceless.

The old city is wonderful, and if you can live close to work, that's killer. Congrats!

turbo-1 said:
The old city is wonderful, and if you can live close to work, that's killer. Congrats!

I'm living directly in the old city. :smile:

Yeah, so if any PFers come down to Quebec City. Let me know. We'll hang out and have a good time.

You're living directly in the old city? Okay, I'm entirely jealous.

Congratulations on finding not only a place to live but a really great one, Jason.

1. What is the meaning behind "At last I found a place to live"?

The phrase "At last I found a place to live" typically refers to the relief and satisfaction of finally finding a suitable and comfortable place to call home.

2. Is "At last I found a place to live" a popular saying or quote?

While it is not a well-known saying or quote, the phrase is commonly used in everyday language to express the feeling of finally achieving something important.

3. Does "At last I found a place to live" have any cultural significance?

There is no specific cultural significance attached to this phrase. However, it is often used in literature, music, and other forms of art to convey a sense of contentment and fulfillment.

4. What does "At last I found a place to live" suggest about the speaker's experience?

The phrase suggests that the speaker has gone through a period of uncertainty or struggle in finding a suitable place to live, but has finally found a solution that meets their needs and brings them a sense of peace.

5. Can "At last I found a place to live" have a metaphorical meaning?

Yes, the phrase can also be used metaphorically to represent finding a sense of belonging, purpose, or happiness in life, rather than just a physical place to live.