1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

At last I found a place to live!

1. Apr 30, 2008 #1

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Some of you may remember my older thread about a job that I got in Quebec City. At the time, I had no place to live in Quebec City and I live quite far from there (10 hour drive). Plus, I'm starting work next week so I had just under a month to find a place to live.

I thought it was going to be straightforward, but it wasn't. Most asked for 12 month leases and subletting (rent from a tenant) ended in July. I need a place for only May to end of August. Most places were taken by the time I called them. I started looking further away from where I live (15 minute drive) when I wanted something directly downtown. All the downtown places seemed to be getting sucked up by tourists.

Luckily, I waited before agreeing to a place further away because I found a place directly in the heart of downtown!!! A nice area too! My cousin said it was the nicest place out of all the places I sent her to (she went to see the places for me) and it's around a 1 minute walk from work. :smile:

I should be leaving next week on Wednesday. Definitely awesome! I'll post pictures of my place and the city throughout the summer.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2008 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow, that sounds great! Congrats!

4. Apr 30, 2008 #3
    Awesome! I can't wait to see pictures!

5. Apr 30, 2008 #4

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm only a week away from pictures. :biggrin:

6. Apr 30, 2008 #5

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Congratulations; I hope you enjoy living in the place!

7. Apr 30, 2008 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That sounds wonderful Jason!!!!!

8. Apr 30, 2008 #7
    I just love it when plans all fall into place, I'm sure your going to have a great summer.

9. Apr 30, 2008 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That sounds wonderful Jason! I loved the old city in Quebec when I visited a couple years ago. It really is a beautiful and fun place to live, and I'm really happy for you that you landed something right there and a nice place too. Good luck with the move and let us know when you're all settled. :smile:

10. Apr 30, 2008 #9

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Thanks everyone! And yes, the plans are now settling in.

I'll give my cousin a big hug when I see her. Her help was priceless.

11. Apr 30, 2008 #10

turbo

Gold Member

The old city is wonderful, and if you can live close to work, that's killer. Congrats!

12. Apr 30, 2008 #11

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm living directly in the old city. :smile:

Yeah, so if any PFers come down to Quebec City. Let me know. We'll hang out and have a good time.

13. Apr 30, 2008 #12
    You're living directly in the old city? Okay, I'm entirely jealous.

Congratulations on finding not only a place to live but a really great one, Jason.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?