Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Atmosphere data

1. Oct 30, 2004 #1
    I am doing a simple mathematical model of an airship. I need the data for air temperature, density and pressure for different altitudes. Could anyone give me any web address where I could find these data?
    I am not native to this field, so I don't know how do these quantities change with altitude. I was thinking about doing an approximate formulas upon these data.
    I would like to write a system of forces and then get a differential equation. In the end I could get a formula for heigh change.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you have access to a university library, you could check out "Introduction to Flight" by John Anderson. There is a full table of standard atmospheric values up to about 50km in both English and Metric units.

It's probably somewhere online, but I'm not sure where.
  4. Oct 30, 2004 #3

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Type ''Standard Atmosphere Model'' in Google. You will obtain several tables of data and calculators on line.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?