1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Atom rendering software

1. Feb 28, 2006 #1
    Hi,

I´ve just started in atomistic simulations, so I need some advice please. I´m simultaing a fcc cubic structure using a standard Verlet algorithm. I´ve already got the trayectories and I need to render the atoms and make a presentation.

I just need simple spheres in space, not molecules nor proteins, not complicated renderings, but it´s a quite big amount of atoms (several hundreds or if possible, thousands). I´ve heard Rasmol is useful for this but If anyone can give me advice ....

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2006 #2
    do a search for ccp14 you'll find a site with all kinds of software for x-ray/neutron diffraction. And you should also find programs that do what you describe.

4. Mar 3, 2006 #3
    Thanks, i´m taking a look on them. But all of those visualization programs appear to be for molecular rendering (proteins). I don´t need bonding, surface rendering, charge densities nor any calculations ....

I just need "spheres in space" but lots of them. Thank you very much anyway.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?