Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Atom rendering software

1. Feb 28, 2006 #1
    Hi,

I´ve just started in atomistic simulations, so I need some advice please. I´m simultaing a fcc cubic structure using a standard Verlet algorithm. I´ve already got the trayectories and I need to render the atoms and make a presentation.

I just need simple spheres in space, not molecules nor proteins, not complicated renderings, but it´s a quite big amount of atoms (several hundreds or if possible, thousands). I´ve heard Rasmol is useful for this but If anyone can give me advice ....

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2006 #2
    do a search for ccp14 you'll find a site with all kinds of software for x-ray/neutron diffraction. And you should also find programs that do what you describe.

4. Mar 3, 2006 #3
    Thanks, i´m taking a look on them. But all of those visualization programs appear to be for molecular rendering (proteins). I don´t need bonding, surface rendering, charge densities nor any calculations ....

I just need "spheres in space" but lots of them. Thank you very much anyway.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?