Atomic Question-- Enriched Uranium Output From Processes

In summary, Tom McCurdy presented a model for making a nuclear device using gas centrifuge and enriched uranium. He also teaches high school students.
Tom McCurdy
Atomic Question-- bomb

What is the general output of enriched uranium from an electrolysis and fractional distillation process?
I have already researched the outputs for gas diffusion, thermal diffusion, gas cenrifuge, laster isotope separation, and mass spectroscopy. If you could give me any information on its separative work Unit or Amount of fissionable materials for the two processes could be produced in grams/month it would be great. Its for a physics research project, and as most of you probably know posessing the knowledge of making a bomb, is far from being able to constuct the bomb.

Any help would be great.
Tom McCurdy

Physics news on Phys.org
Tom McCurdy said:
What is the general output of enriched uranium from an electrolysis and fractional distillation process?
I have already researched the outputs for gas diffusion, thermal diffusion, gas cenrifuge, laster isotope separation, and mass spectroscopy. If you could give me any information on its separative work Unit or Amount of fissionable materials for the two processes could be produced in grams/month it would be great. Its for ...making a bomb...and eventually to help me achieve total global domination...buahahahahahaha
Tom McCurdy

Now where's those FBI spooks when you need them ?

well i presented the model today

I decided that i would probably like to use gas centrifuge as a method to enrich uranium. It is relatively easy to do once you set them up in trains to form cascades then just put the Uranium hexa fluroide gas into the evacuated rotor and press spin. You got yourself some U-235 moving inside while the heavier 238 should move towards the outside. Add an axial countercurrent formed either mechanically with baffles or thermally by heating the caps and you can ever further enrich the uranium. Then take the uranium to a breeder reactor in Detroit to transform to Plutonium then your well on the way for an implosion nuclear device. (who would mess with the gun type... too easy) then maybe just for kicks use either electrolysis or fractional distillation to get some deuterium to make a boosted nuclear device. Anyway this is just a small portion of the plans... if anyone want to know how to build nuclear device... I know. hehe I love my high school... (advance math and science center magnet school)

Got any pointers to open-sky uncontrolled pitchblende mines?

(here is the real cut-off: if your school teaches you physics, but it forgets about geology, you will be unable to recognise the raw matter, after all)

Last edited:
i don't but he does

he was nuclear physicist, he studied and now teaches physics, geology and astronomy

kids these days..

Did you? Oh, well that wasn't very nice. I don't think you should do stuff like that.

1. What is enriched uranium?

Enriched uranium is a type of uranium that has a higher concentration of the isotope Uranium-235 compared to natural uranium. This makes it a more potent fuel for nuclear reactors and weapons.

2. How is enriched uranium produced?

Enriched uranium is produced through a process called uranium enrichment. This involves separating the Uranium-235 isotope from the more abundant Uranium-238 isotope. This can be done through various methods such as gaseous diffusion, gas centrifuge, or laser enrichment.

3. What is the output of enriched uranium from these processes?

The output of enriched uranium varies depending on the method used and the desired level of enrichment. However, on average, the output is around 3-5% enriched uranium for use in nuclear power plants, and around 90% enriched uranium for use in nuclear weapons.

4. What are the uses of enriched uranium?

Enriched uranium is primarily used as a fuel for nuclear power plants, where it undergoes a controlled chain reaction to produce electricity. It is also used in nuclear weapons as a source of energy for the destructive explosion.

5. What are the risks associated with enriched uranium?

Enriched uranium is highly radioactive and can pose health risks to those who come into contact with it. It is also a key ingredient in nuclear weapons, which can have devastating impacts if used improperly. Proper handling and storage of enriched uranium is critical to ensure safety and prevent accidents or misuse.