1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Atomic Atoms, Molecules and Photons: An Introduction by Wolfgang Demtröder

1. Strongly Recommend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lightly Recommend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lightly don't Recommend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Strongly don't Recommend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jan 19, 2013 #1
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2014 #2

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

I'm tempted to use this textbook for an elective course in atomic and molecular physics. It is not really an "advanced" undergraduate course, and the students usually have only taken basic QM before. I am weary of the fact that it is part of Springer's Graduate Texts in Physics. Looking at the book, it appears to me to be accessible, but I would like some input from anybody who has used this book: what do you think the level of this book is? If you have used it for a course, what did the students think of the book?

(Note: Since the words Graduate Texts in Physics appear on the cover, I may have difficulty convincing the powers that be that it is an acceptable textbook. And it may frighten a few students...)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted