Atoms of the highlighted elements

In summary, the highlighted elements in the diagram formed one group of two possible groups. Jainendra K Jain's attempt at a solution to the FQHE problem was to use electron binding energies to produce fractions for electrons within atomic shells. The fractions for the highlighted elements were greater than 1.
jhmar

Homework Statement

I am an amateur researching elementary particles; on tabulating atoms the elements, atoms of the highlighted elements in the diagram below formed one group (of two possible groups); I should like to know if there is anything unique to the highlighted elements:
http://69.5.17.59/itptn5.102.gif [Broken]

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

jhmar said:
... atoms of the highlighted elements in the diagram below formed one group (of two possible groups) ...

I'm having trouble understanding this statement. Elements don't just form a group by themselves, somebody has to group them.

If you explained more about where this diagram came from, who grouped the elements together like that, and details of what that person is doing, then it might be possible to answer the question.

We really need more information from you in order to help. Just what is it about the elements (or elementary particles) that you are researching?

Redbelly98 said:
I'm having trouble understanding this statement. Elements don't just form a group by themselves, somebody has to group them.

If you explained more about where this diagram came from, who grouped the elements together like that, and details of what that person is doing, then it might be possible to answer the question.

We really need more information from you in order to help. Just what is it about the elements (or elementary particles) that you are researching?

In FQHE experiments particles are pass through a magnetic field at right angle to the magnetic force. This is done in what is described as a two dimensional plane, the mathematical theory developed from FQHE experiments cannot be applied to the natural three dimensional world (according to Jainendra K Jain).
I have tried to show that as an atom consists of electrons orbiting at right angle to the nuclear force, it should be possible to produce a three dimensional theory using the shell electrons of an atom of each element. My first attempt was dismissed as ‘not scientific’, a revision was dismissed as ‘speculation’ and the reviewers of my latest revision summarized as follows ‘there is nothing new in your paper; you are not saying anything that is not already well known’.
After some reflection I decided that there was room for improvement in presentation and started yet another revision.
A key factor in FQHE is the production of Hall fractions; I used electron binding energies to produce fractions for electrons within atomic shells. In both cases the incompressible fractions are less than 1.
As an afterthought, I tried to produce fractions using complete atoms and found that the highlighted atoms have fractions greater than 1. I would have dismissed this as a useless doodle but, there seemed to be something about their position in the table of elements that made me stop and think that perhaps I should check it out before dismissing it completely. In short it is one of those irritating observations that one is reluctant to dismiss, but cannot explain why.
Thanks for showing an interest, needless to say I shall be jumping for joy if you could provide a favorable answer; but, not to disappointed if there isn't one.

Last edited:

Sorry, while I've heard of the fractional quantum Hall effect I am not really familiar with it.

Redbelly98 said:
Sorry, while I've heard of the fractional quantum Hall effect I am not really familiar with it.

Thanks, now realize I inadvertently introduced atomic radii into calculation (clicked on wrong col.In Excel prog.). With one exception highlighted elements are longest radii of each atomic shell. Useless information, of course; sorry to have wasted your time,
regards
jhmar

What are atoms?

Atoms are the basic building blocks of matter. They are the smallest units of an element that retain the properties of that element.

How many atoms are there in the highlighted elements?

The number of atoms in an element depends on its atomic mass. For example, hydrogen has an atomic mass of 1, so there is one atom in one mole of hydrogen, while oxygen has an atomic mass of 16, so there are 16 atoms in one mole of oxygen.

What are the properties of the highlighted elements?

The properties of an element depend on its atomic structure, including the number of protons, neutrons, and electrons. Each element has unique properties, such as melting point, boiling point, and reactivity, that are determined by its atomic structure.

How are atoms of the highlighted elements different from each other?

The atoms of different elements have different numbers of protons, neutrons, and electrons, which determine their chemical and physical properties. For example, carbon has 6 protons, while oxygen has 8 protons, making them different elements with different properties.

What are the uses of atoms of the highlighted elements?

The uses of atoms of the highlighted elements vary depending on their properties. For example, oxygen is used in respiration and combustion, while carbon is used in the production of fuels and building materials. Each element has unique properties that make it useful for different purposes.