Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Attention armchair physicians!

1. Jun 26, 2011 #1
    Friday I had a surgery called Septoplasty, for a deviated septum. I have been recuperating, and I noticed this red patch developing under my left eye. It is painful when touched.

I am wondering if any of you might know what this is, or if there is any sort of "nurse's hotline" I can call for medical advice. I would never be able to get an appointment in the next week - most places around here are booked 2-3 weeks out.

33z7kao.jpg

PS, try not to fall in love.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 26, 2011 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Your doctor's office should have an answering service that will either get you to the doctor or a nurses line, etc...

It could be irritation from things on your face during surgery, but, we don't know. If nothing else, just walk into your doctor's office and show them.

4. Jun 29, 2011 #3
    be interesting to see what your doc says. but if you ever see any vids of surgeons working, it's hardly a gentle art.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook