Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Attention JasonRox

1. Apr 15, 2005 #1
    ...and anybody else who may be interested once they read what's happend (like you Evo and MIH).

I finally got a girl's number (after two semesters of asking) and at first we were just text messaging each other but tonight we actually were on the phone. By the way, that lasted over an hour. I did ask her out the other day and she said "we'll see". I was thinking that I should just talk to her as much as possible until the weekend after exams and ask her out again. Wish me luck!!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yay Chrono!!!!!!!

She's single, right? Not on the rebound?

An hour is SPECIAL!!!!!!! :approve: Being able to talk for that long is awesome!!!!

Remain calm. Be yourself. And let us know what happens!!!

Break a leg!!!!! :tongue2:

4. Apr 15, 2005 #3
    "We'll see" is womanese for...no

Good luck

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  5. Apr 15, 2005 #4
    Yes!!! For being single, not on the rebound. I asked if she had a boyfriend and she said "no".

Let's just hope I don't jinx it this time by telling y'all on here like this. The other times I did and it didn't end up good...if you remember.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  6. Apr 15, 2005 #5
    I wish you the best, I know its not easy

7. Apr 15, 2005 #6
    If you only knew what has happend before.

8. Apr 15, 2005 #7

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

AWESOME MAN!

I like the thread title too. :)

Yeah, just talk to her and stuff. Let her get to know you better, so she'll be more comfortable going on a date with you.

Don't you just love that feeling though. You got a girls number and you're all pumped!

Good luck man!

Note: I hate to brag, but when my girlfriend called me for the first time (gave her my number at the bar) we talked for over 6 hours. So, we knew something good was happening. :)

9. Apr 15, 2005 #8
    You bet your sweet bippy I was pumped. I've been asking and waiting for two semesters to get that number.

I would have sent you a PM but it said that your box was full so I just made the thread. As I said earlier, I hope it doesn't jinx me. Remember what happend the other times I did this.

10. Apr 15, 2005 #9

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Full?

I better check why.

Note: I forgot to delete sent messages.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  11. Apr 16, 2005 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And sometimes it's "womanese" for "We'll see." :wink: Seriously, I don't say, "We'll see," if I know the answer is no. I say it when I haven't known a guy quite long enough or well enough to be sure if I want to go on an official date.

It's a really good sign that you talked on the phone for so long! She's obviously a little uncertain still, since she didn't give a clear, "Yes," but the long phone call is a really good sign that she's softening up to you.

Is she one of the friends you got Valentine's chocolate for?

Good luck!

12. Apr 16, 2005 #11
    No one asked the most important question!

[​IMG]

13. Apr 16, 2005 #12
    In that situation it's a no...but we'll see :wink:

14. Apr 16, 2005 #13

Danger

Gold Member

So, Moonbaby... how'd Smurf, of all people, get ahold of your picture? :confused:

15. Apr 16, 2005 #14
    Now danger, you're new, you wouldn't have heard about the more complicated levels of our relationship yet.

16. Apr 16, 2005 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thankfully, I'm not that top-heavy. I don't have to worry about accidentally tipping over. :tongue:

17. Apr 16, 2005 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey Chrono - I am just thrilled to hear this. See, I told you there were some gals out there with good taste in men. o:)

Smurf, you've really filled out, hon. Maybe you should lay off the hormones!! :tongue:

18. Apr 16, 2005 #17
    Congrats, and good luck.

19. Apr 16, 2005 #18

Danger

Gold Member

Apparently, she hasn't either. :tongue:

20. Apr 16, 2005 #19
    It may be one of the longest phone calls I've had. I also think she's softening up to me because she's asking questions about me. At least I hope so.

No, I didn't get her anything for Valentine's. I must have seen her three times this semester and, luckily, one of those times is when I got her number.

MIH, yeah, I guess I was just looking in the wrong place, I guess. As I think I said, I'm going to try and talk to her as much as possible, and after school gets out (which is about two or three weeks) I'll ask her out again.

21. Apr 16, 2005 #20
    Congrats and good luck.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?