Attention JasonRox: Success! Got Girl's Number After 2 Semesters

• Thread starter Chrono
  • Start date
In summary: Thankfully, I'm not that top-heavy. I don't have to worry about accidentally tipping over. :tongue:Hey Chrono - I am just thrilled to hear this. See, I told you there were some gals out there with good taste in men. o:)Chrono, I know you're probably wondering what happened to my Valentine's chocolate. I'm guessing you don't remember. Well, I gave it to Smurf.
One thing y'all can help me with is this: what are some good ways to keep a conversation going on the phone? I really do hate those silences where neither of us knows what to talk about.

Physics news on Phys.org
Smurf said:
No one asked the most important question!

http://live.quizilla.com/user_images/S/showoffsg/1113625277_turesBoobs.JPG

This looks like a Mardi Gras before or after photo if I've ever seen one. :biggrin:

Chrono said:
One thing y'all can help me with is this: what are some good ways to keep a conversation going on the phone? I really do hate those silences where neither of us knows what to talk about.

I find the best way to do that is to allow each other to cut yourselves off. I cut my girlfriend off all the time and she does the same to me.

Sometimes she wants to tell me something really important, and as she is getting to it I think of something that branches off of it. She might not even finish was she is saying for like another half hour.

We love it. Neither of us get mad about it. We actually talked about how we do that all the time, but yeah we just talk.

JasonRox said:
I find the best way to do that is to allow each other to cut yourselves off. I cut my girlfriend off all the time and she does the same to me.

Sometimes she wants to tell me something really important, and as she is getting to it I think of something that branches off of it. She might not even finish was she is saying for like another half hour.

We love it. Neither of us get mad about it. We actually talked about how we do that all the time, but yeah we just talk.

I'm terrible on the phone. At first, I'm nervous as hell when I try to call her and then my mind always goes blank when she's answering. Then, after we eventually start talking, we'll finish and then there's the silence I mentioned earlier.

Chrono said:
Talk about the silences. It's only awkward if you make it awkward, happens to everyone, it doesn't bother me, I just bring up another subject (because I assume the current subject is done with since neither of us have anything to say).

Maybe because you are both nervous.

Personally, I hate how girls expect guys to bring up conversational pieces.

I also hate how girls have their eyes on guys on Valentine's Day on what they are going to do. Instead, they should look at themselves and ask themselves what are they doing for Valentine's Day. For the most part, girls do nothing... just put out, which does not count.

I hate a lot of things that girls think they do right, and yes I point it out all the time to girls. They feel stupid afterwards. :)

Note: I love romance, so it's rare that my gf would have to wait longer than 2 weeks for something romantic, not to mention 1 year like most guys.

Smurf said:
I just bring up another subject (because I assume the current subject is done with since neither of us have anything to say).

Yeah, that's what I do. Of course, it's hard when you can never think of another subject.

Ahh, see I always have subjects. I'm always thinking about weird stuff. and I write down random thoughts I have in a little green book so if I ever am in need of something to say I just flip to the most recent page.

JasonRox said:
Personally, I hate how girls expect guys to bring up conversational pieces.

I also hate how girls have their eyes on guys on Valentine's Day on what they are going to do. Instead, they should look at themselves and ask themselves what are they doing for Valentine's Day. For the most part, girls do nothing... just put out, which does not count.
Ditto, I don't date girls who are like that. They're not worthy of me (but then, who is right?).

Smurf said:
Ahh, see I always have subjects. I'm always thinking about weird stuff. and I write down random thoughts I have in a little green book so if I ever am in need of something to say I just flip to the most recent page.

That's what I need to do. I've seriously thought about doing that before.

it works great for me, except when people start calling it my diary (that's it! I should keep a diary too!) and try to steal it, but I write most of them down in a cryptic way that they don't understand most of it.

Smurf said:
it works great for me, except when people start calling it my diary (that's it! I should keep a diary too!) and try to steal it, but I write most of them down in a cryptic way that they don't understand most of it.

Hmm...maybe I can get a couple of your best topics? :wink:

Hmm, most of them are personal, meaning they all have to do with stuff that's happened to me, or that I was talking to someone about and thoughts I had. A large portion of it is devoted to the development of my UTHS (Universal Theory of Human Sociology). Nothing that I can sort of pick out and give to someone.

I have a great essay in here about current events.

Is it that hard to think of something?

Talk about hockey... that's what I do. :)

Btw chronos, Girls hate it when you talk about hockey.

Well, they have to put up with it when there with me. Especially during the playoffs.

or you can be smart and not even care about hockey. I didn't even know there was no hockey until last month.

Um... I don't know about the West Coast, but hockey is pretty big down here in Ontario.

How would that make me smart?

Smart would be to come up with something interesting to talk about. UTHS? :rolleyes:

JasxonRox, Hockey is pretty big everywhere in Canada, and it ailes me too no end.

hypatia said:
ummm boobs and lips are on different areas of the body last time I checked. I mean if the girl has 8 inch saggy lips, she might get confused.

The trick is to master the proper use of peripheral vision. It is possible to look at one thing and pay attention to something else. Nobody will ever tell the difference unless you begin to smile like any of these... :approve: :biggrin: :tongue: :tongue2:

Huckleberry said:
Nobody will ever tell the difference unless you begin to smile like any of these... :approve: :biggrin: :tongue: :tongue2:
At which point you need to master the proper use of excuses, to use cop-outs like "You just reminded me of something funny" quickly followed by "you had to be there". Then no one will suspect a thing unless you do something stupid.

Smurf said:
At which point you need to master the proper use of excuses, to use cop-outs like "You just reminded me of something funny" quickly followed by "you had to be there". Then no one will suspect a thing unless you do something stupid.

Something stupid... which I normally do. Then I laugh about the stupid thing I just did in front of her. :uhh:

Quick update:

Today she told me she was in the library and so I just went there and saw her. When she was finished there we went out side, sat on a bench, and just talked for almost an hour. After that she had to leave and I walked her to her car. Earlier this evening, I called her and we talked a bit more for 20 minutes.

Overall, it was a damn good day.

You're in man. Next you ask her to sleep with you. (Don't wait too long else she'll get bored and move on to someone else).

Smurf said:
You're in man. Next you ask her to sleep with you. (Don't wait too long else she'll get bored and move on to someone else).
What? He has to feed her first! :eek:

Feed?

Like, let her suck on it and swallow?

Just kidding.

I just have fun, whether that involves sex or not is personal. I like cuddling though. That's like the best thing to do.

Evo said:
What? He has to feed her first! :eek:

I'm working on that.