Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Attila the Bun

1. Aug 14, 2007 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There is no doubt that I have a brave and fierce guardian of the property - my office kitty. I once posted about my daily offerings of dead things - mice, rats, birds, even a humming bird - found every morning by my chair as a gift. In fact just now I looked on the other side of my desk, and there is today's kill - a sparrow. Thanks so much Bun!

But the other night Bun showed just how fierce she really is. I had been working late and didn't realize that a deer had gone to sleep right outside the door. When I opened the door, we scared the deer half to death, and it scared both of us [Bun and I] about as much as it tried to scramble to its feet. I swang around and hit the deer with the beam of the flashlight just in time to see it heading off towards the bushes on a dead run, with Bun right on its tail!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I wonder what she would do if she caught it!!!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2007 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Tomorrow Ivan will find a dead deer lying next to his chair. :bugeye:

4. Aug 14, 2007 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: good kitty

Hey, Ivan -- How about some pictures of Bun? I don't think I have seen any of her since she was a baby.

5. Aug 14, 2007 #4
    :rofl:

6. Aug 14, 2007 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just came in and expected to find a deer under my chair. :biggrin:

MIH, I have been meaning to dig out the camera, so I will post a shot soon.

I think she may actually be buddies with the deer, so she may have considered this as play. We have seen Zoobie [not Zooby] playing hide and seek with one before.

7. Aug 14, 2007 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Yes, cats often befriend wildlife of their own size or larger. In out last house, our 2-doors-down neighbor had a really shy calico cat that avoided people but used to show up at night under our bird-feeders with her skunk/possum friends patiently waiting for them to tank up on sunflower seeds.

8. Aug 14, 2007 #7

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

9. Aug 14, 2007 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?