1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Attila the Bun

1. Aug 14, 2007 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There is no doubt that I have a brave and fierce guardian of the property - my office kitty. I once posted about my daily offerings of dead things - mice, rats, birds, even a humming bird - found every morning by my chair as a gift. In fact just now I looked on the other side of my desk, and there is today's kill - a sparrow. Thanks so much Bun!

But the other night Bun showed just how fierce she really is. I had been working late and didn't realize that a deer had gone to sleep right outside the door. When I opened the door, we scared the deer half to death, and it scared both of us [Bun and I] about as much as it tried to scramble to its feet. I swang around and hit the deer with the beam of the flashlight just in time to see it heading off towards the bushes on a dead run, with Bun right on its tail!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I wonder what she would do if she caught it!!!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2007 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Tomorrow Ivan will find a dead deer lying next to his chair. :bugeye:

4. Aug 14, 2007 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: good kitty

Hey, Ivan -- How about some pictures of Bun? I don't think I have seen any of her since she was a baby.

5. Aug 14, 2007 #4
    :rofl:

6. Aug 14, 2007 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just came in and expected to find a deer under my chair. :biggrin:

MIH, I have been meaning to dig out the camera, so I will post a shot soon.

I think she may actually be buddies with the deer, so she may have considered this as play. We have seen Zoobie [not Zooby] playing hide and seek with one before.

7. Aug 14, 2007 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Yes, cats often befriend wildlife of their own size or larger. In out last house, our 2-doors-down neighbor had a really shy calico cat that avoided people but used to show up at night under our bird-feeders with her skunk/possum friends patiently waiting for them to tank up on sunflower seeds.

8. Aug 14, 2007 #7

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

9. Aug 14, 2007 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?