Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Attorney General Comments

1. May 13, 2010 #1
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2010 #2
    Some staffer probably gave him news stories and a summary on it. He is a busy man I assume and does not have time to read all legislation from various states. Of course he certainly ought not be commenting on it if he has not actually read it. He was probably under pressure to make comments and made the stupid decision to go ahead and make them without properly familiarizing himself.

4. May 13, 2010 #3
    There seems to be far too much of this behavior going on lately - on both sides.

5. May 14, 2010 #4

mheslep

Gold Member

Holder is a pale shadow of Mukasey. Obama kept Gates, he should have kept Mukasey too.

6. May 14, 2010 #5
    Well you got a team of lawyers sitting around writting these up and you end up with 100s or 1000s of pages of mumbo jumbo. I wouldn't read that crap if i was a politician. The sad thing is is this is how pork barrel projects can be so easily slipped into bills - because no one actually reads the darn things!

7. May 14, 2010 #6
    The bill in question is actually quite short. About ten pages I think the article said.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook