How Can Mathematical Simulations Enhance Currency Market Predictions?

• Thread starter datatec
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Modeling
In summary: I am looking for a programmer who can build a simulation program using mathematical equations and parameters to mimic the real euro/dollar market. I am seeking feedback on which programming language would be most suitable, and a programmer with a strong understanding of mathematics (specifically calculus and statistics) would be ideal. Payment can be discussed. The basic idea is that the market is highly efficient, but irrational dealers can cause price deviations, and I want to study how these deviations occur and if they can be profitable. One suggestion for simulation is using a differential equation, such as y=1/2x^2, and implementing it in a program using C++ language. Other
datatec
I am currenctly doing a project on the mathematics behid human interaction in the currency market. I am looking for a programmer capable of building a program to run simulations based on mathematical equations and other parameters which I will supply that can mimic a real euro/dollar market place. I would love some feedback concerning which programming language would be the most adequate and also I programmer with a good knowledge of mathematics would be perfect (calculus and statistics).

Payment can be discussed.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I think it is impossible to simulate things with only known equations ? What makes you think it is possible ?

I don't see why it is not possible; people do it all the time.

The basic idea is that the market price is highly efficient. Dealers try and maximize their utility function with the available information. However these dealers are not all rational; irrational ones force a price deviation. My objective is to study how these deviations occur. Can we profit from them? Does this cause random price behaviour?, etc.

well, now i figure out how to simulate a differential equation
for example, if you have
dy/dx=x;
then you can use apen and a piece of paper to get y=1/2x^2

using c++ language, do this

for(x=0;;x++){
y=1/2*x^2;
plotpoint(x,y);
sleep(1000);
}

plotpoint is a function to draw a point. I think that is simulation.

There are better methods using fuzzy controls. Its easier to implement and completely flexible.
Check this one out for example,
http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~pris/FuzzyLogic/DemoAppIets/IPApplet/IP.html

-- AI

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is Auction Market Modeling?

Auction Market Modeling is a statistical and economic method used to predict the outcomes of auctions. It involves analyzing data from past auctions to create a mathematical model that can be used to estimate the likelihood of a certain auction outcome.

2. How is Auction Market Modeling used?

Auction Market Modeling is commonly used by economists and businesses to make informed decisions about bidding strategies and pricing in auctions. It can also be used by government agencies to evaluate the effectiveness of public auctions.

3. What factors are considered in Auction Market Modeling?

Some of the factors that are typically considered in Auction Market Modeling include the type of auction (such as English, Dutch, or sealed bid), the number of bidders, the items being auctioned, and the bidding strategies of the participants.

4. How accurate is Auction Market Modeling?

The accuracy of Auction Market Modeling depends on the quality and quantity of data used to create the model. Generally, the more data that is available, the more accurate the model will be. However, external factors such as unexpected market changes or unforeseen bidder behavior can also affect the accuracy of the model.

5. Are there any limitations to Auction Market Modeling?

Like any statistical model, there are limitations to Auction Market Modeling. It relies on assumptions about the behavior of the market and bidders, so it may not accurately predict outcomes in all situations. Additionally, it may not account for rare or unique events that can occur in auctions.