Audio Circuit Troubleshooting: Why Am I Getting No Sound From My Guitar Amp?

In summary, the speaker is experiencing a problem with a guitar audio circuit. The circuit was tested with a friend's dvd amplifier and worked, but when used with a guitar amp, there is no sound. The input signal can be faintly heard before turning on the supply, but once the supply is on, there is total silence. The project includes a distortion block, phaser, and audio distribution amp, all implemented using op amps. It is suggested to check for any loose or shorted wiring, and to inject the guitar signal into each stage to identify where the signal disappears.
chaoseverlasting
I've designed and constructed a guitar related audio circuit and I'm having a weird problem. When I tested the circuit at a friend's place yesterday we didnt have an amplifier with us so we used the inputs on his dvd to amplify the signal and listened to it on the TV's speakers.

Today I tried using the circuit with my guitar amp and I'm getting no sound what so ever. The weird part is that before I switch the supply on, I can faintly hear the input signal although it is very distorted. The moment I switch the supply on, I get nothing. Total silence.

I've got to submit this project soon and I'm at my wits' end. Any help would be appreciated.

The project consists of a distortion block, a phaser and an audio distribution amp all implemented using op amps with an adder at the end of it.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Most likely you have a mechanical wiring fault that came loose or shorted in transit.

Your gadget consists of several stages. Since you built it you can open it up.

If you inject your guitar (other other test) signal into each stage in turn and work back from the output amp unti you find the stage where the signal disappears.

go well

1. What is audio circuit troubleshooting?

Audio circuit troubleshooting is the process of identifying and fixing problems in an audio circuit. This involves using diagnostic techniques to locate the source of the issue and then implementing the appropriate solution.

2. What are common issues that can occur in an audio circuit?

Some common issues that can occur in an audio circuit include distorted or no sound, low volume, ground loop hum, and intermittent connectivity.

3. How do I troubleshoot an audio circuit?

To troubleshoot an audio circuit, you can follow these steps:1. Check all connections for loose or damaged wires.2. Use a multimeter to test for continuity and voltage at various points in the circuit.3. Check for any blown fuses or damaged components.4. Use an oscilloscope to analyze the waveform and identify any abnormalities.5. Make necessary repairs or replacements to fix the issue.

4. What tools do I need for audio circuit troubleshooting?

You will need a multimeter, oscilloscope, and various hand tools such as screwdrivers and wire cutters for audio circuit troubleshooting. Additionally, having a schematic diagram of the circuit can be helpful in identifying and understanding the different components.

5. When should I seek professional help for audio circuit troubleshooting?

If you are not familiar with electronics and troubleshooting techniques, it is best to seek professional help for audio circuit troubleshooting. Additionally, if the issue is complex or requires specialized equipment, it is best to consult a professional rather than attempting to fix it yourself.