1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Audio sampling signals?

1. Jul 5, 2011 #1
    Hi,

I have a question and I was wondering whether you might help me, because I have done a lot of research nut no clues. Just bits and pieces.

Thanks ALOT

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

In digital transmission, what are audio sampling signals? What is the mimimum sampling rate required.
    2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2011 #2

Delphi51

Homework Helper

"Audio sampling" is converting an analog audio signal into digital data by measuring the signal level (voltage) frequently enough to capture the shape of the signal wave. The frequency range audible to the human ear is the major consideration. If you want to get 30 kHz sounds in your digital file, you must measure at a rate of at least 30 000 times a second (likely twice that for technical reasons). Check
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(signal_processing)
    for details.

4. Jul 5, 2011 #3
    Hi thanks for the reply, I understand that. But what is "Audio sampling signals"? Not Audio sampling

5. Jul 5, 2011 #4
    Give me some help here please.

6. Jul 5, 2011 #5

Delphi51

Homework Helper

Sorry, I have not heard the term "audio sampling signals" before.
    I thought you were asking for help with sampling OF audio signals.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook