Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aurora Borealis

1. Oct 30, 2003 #1
    I can so totally see the aurora borealis from my window. I've never seen it before. It's so cool. I think i'm gonna get my guitar and go outside and play... its cold, but i always play for the full moon, figure the lights are just as special.

Sooooo Cool....

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2003 #2
    I've seen it before from up north. Tis a beautiful thing.

4. Oct 30, 2003 #3

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

All I got here is a giant red glow in the sky.

5. Oct 30, 2003 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

it is always cloudy down here, if it not cloudy it is misty, if it is not misty, my window is all condensed with water

6. Oct 30, 2003 #5
    ok well... the red glow is the lights...

Somehow my crazy (like honestly nutso) parents can see all sorts of colors and shapes. I can't... but still. I've never seen the AB before, so least now i can say i have.

7. Oct 30, 2003 #6

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The very reason why there aren't any optic telescopes in the low lands.. but I heard last week that they are going to build the world's largest radio telescope right here in the Netherlands!!

8. Oct 30, 2003 #7
    haha wow... i just find it really funny that you just quoted yourself... right well.. it wasn't that funny... but i laughed anyway...

Thats cool though... telescopes woo...

9. Oct 30, 2003 #8

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Keeps the conversation going, right? :wink:

10. Oct 30, 2003 #9
    Yeah, that was great, i thought it was funny too! man did i laugh... woo laugh...

11. Oct 30, 2003 #10
    Hey, how about that.... you're right!

12. Oct 30, 2003 #11

megashawn

Science Advisor

Well, I just stepped out on break (hehehehe) a few minutes ago and noticed them for the first time.

Only, I didn't notice them. I noticed the guy running around in a panic acting like the sky was falling. I'm like, dude, whats wrong with you? He was telling me about god returning and we all had to repent, blah blah.

I tried calming him down to explain it was a result of yesterdays solar flare, but without much luck. I thought everyone knew about these things, but apparently not.

How ironic I come here and you've got a post about it.
    _

Anyhow, I'm gonna take another break before to long and go get my camera, hopefully try to catch a few good pics of it.

13. Oct 30, 2003 #12
    wow i wish i had seen some guy freaking out about it and yelling stuff about repenting...

Oh wait my parents... hmm... well seeing a stranger do it would have been more interesting.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?