Aurora Borealis

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I can so totally see the aurora borealis from my window. I've never seen it before. It's so cool. I think i'm gonna get my guitar and go outside and play... its cold, but i always play for the full moon, figure the lights are just as special.

Sooooo Cool....

Answers and Replies

I've seen it before from up north. Tis a beautiful thing.

Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
All I got here is a giant red glow in the sky.

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
it is always cloudy down here, if it not cloudy it is misty, if it is not misty, my window is all condensed with water

ok well... the red glow is the lights...

Somehow my crazy (like honestly nutso) parents can see all sorts of colors and shapes. I can't... but still. I've never seen the AB before, so least now i can say i have.

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by Monique
it is always cloudy down here, if it not cloudy it is misty, if it is not misty, my window is all condensed with water
The very reason why there aren't any optic telescopes in the low lands.. but I heard last week that they are going to build the world's largest radio telescope right here in the Netherlands!!

quote:

The very reason why there aren't any optic telescopes in the low lands.. but I heard last week that they are going to build the world's largest radio telescope right here in the Netherlands!!
haha wow... i just find it really funny that you just quoted yourself... right well.. it wasn't that funny... but i laughed anyway...

Thats cool though... telescopes woo...

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by Gale17
haha wow... i just find it really funny that you just quoted yourself... right well.. it wasn't that funny... but i laughed anyway...
Keeps the conversation going, right? :wink:

Originally posted by Gale17

Thats cool though... telescopes woo...
Yeah, that was great, i thought it was funny too! man did i laugh... woo laugh...

Keeps the conversation going, right? :wink:
Hey, how about that.... you're right!

megashawn
Science Advisor
Well, I just stepped out on break (hehehehe) a few minutes ago and noticed them for the first time.

Only, I didn't notice them. I noticed the guy running around in a panic acting like the sky was falling. I'm like, dude, whats wrong with you? He was telling me about god returning and we all had to repent, blah blah.

I tried calming him down to explain it was a result of yesterdays solar flare, but without much luck. I thought everyone knew about these things, but apparently not.

How ironic I come here and you've got a post about it.
_

Anyhow, I'm gonna take another break before to long and go get my camera, hopefully try to catch a few good pics of it.

wow i wish i had seen some guy freaking out about it and yelling stuff about repenting...

Oh wait my parents... hmm... well seeing a stranger do it would have been more interesting.