Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Australia vs Japan

1. Jun 12, 2006 #1

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

And Australia makes an incredible comeback with 3 goals in the last 6 minutes!

I nearly had my point for Japan in the book.:frown:

The shot totals probably tell the story. Japan and Australia had about the same number of shots in the first half. With a 1-0 lead, Japan had almost nothing the second half. Maybe they sat on that lead a little too much.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 12, 2006 #2
    Yes, it is unbelieveable. I didn't see the second half assuming Japan to perform well, but 3-1 is terrific!! I lost the first bet today. :cry:
  4. Jun 12, 2006 #3
    I saw only the second half (probably 3/4ths of it), and I'm glad I did. Maybe it was just an extreme case of Beginner's luck. :tongue2:
  5. Jun 12, 2006 #4
    :cry:hup :cry: hup:cry:
    I thought....oh no, it's such a pain I can't continue to pour all of my deep emotion all over a messige like this..
  6. Jun 12, 2006 #5

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Wow! Talk about missing the call. Check out the video on Japan's goal: Japan goal

Number 11 hits the keeper as he's about to go up and 9 comes in even harder to eliminate any chance of reaching the ball.

That's the first blown call with any impact. Supposedly, the ref also missed a PK foul by Cahill bad enough to warrant Cahill's second caution. That turned out to have an even bigger impact. Japan loses a goal and Cahill goes on to score two.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  7. Jun 13, 2006 #6

Three hurrahs for the socceroos! Turn the "Waltzing Matilda" up!

It's becoming apparent that the japanese will have to include Captain Tsubasa in their squad in order to do something worthy in a World cup

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?