Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Auto logout time limit

1. Dec 24, 2014 #1

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Just went to nearly nothing.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 24, 2014 #2
    Anyone else experiencing this? I just woke up, booted up the computer and was still logged in.

4. Dec 24, 2014 #3

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nope.

5. Dec 24, 2014 #4

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Just caught it. In a forum, thread open, reading, got sidetracked, came back, swing cursor to check alert on another thread, "You must be logged in to do that." Out in main forum, doesn't seem to be a problem.

6. Dec 25, 2014 #5

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Did you check the checkbox "stay logged in"? Technically it probably logs you in again once you are logged out, but it should help. If it does not help, you might have an issue with cookie handling.

7. Dec 25, 2014 #6

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Haven't had to do that for the most part. Go off, run errands, take a nap, and come back and everything's copacetic. Seems to happen when I'm "deeper" in the menu (not all the time). What provoked the post was that I was getting 15-30 seconds to put together a reply --- this reply, I'm dawdling with just to see if I can get it to bite. Could be my browser for all I know --- it's been getting a little weird off and on from "update" to "update." Here goes nuttin'.

Edit: and no problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook