Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Automate inserting

1. Oct 17, 2011 #1
    Folks,

How do I automate inserting the tags [tex] ... [/tex]. At the moment I am manually writing this in for each expression which is laborious.

THanks
    bugatti

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2011 #2

DrGreg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Automate inserting [ tex ] [ /tex ]

In the Advanced Editor (accessed via Go Advanced or QUOTE) click the Σ button and click on a symbol you want to insert in the Latex Reference. (The Σ button isn't available in the non-technical discussion forums such as this one.)

4. Oct 18, 2011 #3

Hi Drgreg,

I dont think I explained my self clearly...

Jut like there is a button on the toolbar which auto inserts [STRIKE][/STRIKE], etc etc. How do you create one for [tex][/tex]?

Thanks

bugatti

5. Oct 18, 2011 #4

DrGreg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry, we don't have a button that does exactly what you want, but what I said before goes part-way to what you want (did you try it?).

By the way, both of your posts in this thread were not fully readable because if you put a tag in your message if will be interpreted as a tag and won't be visible in the message. Note how I've inserted some spaces in the quote above to make it readable; compare with your original message.

6. Oct 20, 2011 #5
    ok, thanks DrGreg

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook