Automatic diving watch problem

In summary, the conversation discusses the safety of swimming with an automatic diving watch that is designed to withstand 20 atmospheres of water pressure. It is noted that when diving, the watch does not experience the same impact as when swimming, and there is a concern that the constant hitting during swimming may damage the movement. It is suggested to have a shock-proof watch for swimming and to refer to depth ratings when choosing a watch.
panty
I wondered,
If I have an automatic diving watch that is designed to withstand, say 20 atmospheres of water pressure, is it safe to swim with it?
When you dive, you do not hit the water as hard and with so many repetitions as you do while swimming.
Do you think it is safe for the automatic movement? because when swimming, you're not going to create 20 atm of pressure. But maybe, even though the watch can withstand 20 atmospheres of water pressure, the movement might break due to the different dynamics of constant hitting it while swimming (Butterfly, Freestyle and so on..)

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
You'd want a shock-proof watch, rather than a waterproof watch.

But if you have a dive watch, it will be strong enough to withstand swimming.

What is an automatic diving watch?

An automatic diving watch is a type of watch that is designed specifically for use while diving. It is usually water-resistant and has features such as a rotating bezel to track elapsed time and luminous hands for visibility in low light conditions.

What is the most common problem with automatic diving watches?

The most common problem with automatic diving watches is water damage. Despite being water-resistant, these watches can still be damaged if they are not properly sealed or if the seals wear out over time.

How do I prevent water damage to my automatic diving watch?

To prevent water damage, it is important to regularly check the water resistance rating of your watch and have it serviced by a professional if necessary. When using your watch for diving, make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and always rinse it with fresh water afterwards to remove any salt or debris.

Why is my automatic diving watch losing time?

There are a few possible reasons for an automatic diving watch to lose time, such as magnetization, shock or impact, or a low power reserve. It is also possible that the watch may need to be serviced or have its movement adjusted by a professional.

Can I use my automatic diving watch for other water activities besides diving?

It depends on the water resistance rating of your watch. Some automatic diving watches may be suitable for other water activities, such as swimming or snorkeling, but it is important to check the manufacturer's guidelines before submerging your watch in water.