1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Automatic Light Dimmer

1. Mar 21, 2008 #1
    Hey everybody!!....i want to do an experiment at my house!, i want to do an Automatic Light Dimmer!!.....that regulates itself with the ambient light, i want to automatize ten(10) 120VAC light bulbs!!........the circuit that i have, i got i from "Home Remote Control & Automation Projects" by Delton Horn but i Cant do it because it uses a X9503 digital potenciometer!!.....the problem is that here in venezuela they dont sell it!!.....so does anyone has a Schematic that could pass me??.....i havent been able to find a circuit over internet.....thanks a lot!!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2008 #2

Danger

Gold Member

I know nothing about electronics. Since you have internet, though, have you tried to purchase the required component on-line?

4. Mar 22, 2008 #3
    I cant buy it over internet cause our MF commie president in venezuela has got the country under a trade Control!!......to buy stuff over the internet you got to do a super long Burocratic process that will take me several months.......

i have that schematic but miss the component.......and over the internet i cant find an Automatic light Dimmer....that varies the light intensity inversly proportional to the ambient light.....does anyone has an schematic that could pass me please!!.....thanks a lot!!....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?