Automatic Light Dimmer: Experiment at Home w/ 10 120VAC Bulbs

In summary, the speaker wants to do an experiment involving an Automatic Light Dimmer for ten 120VAC light bulbs using a circuit from "Home Remote Control & Automation Projects" by Delton Horn. However, they are unable to do so as the circuit requires a X9503 digital potenciometer which is not available in Venezuela. They are asking for a schematic or any help to acquire the necessary components.
reinaldo
Hey everybody!...i want to do an experiment at my house!, i want to do an Automatic Light Dimmer!...that regulates itself with the ambient light, i want to automatize ten(10) 120VAC light bulbs!...the circuit that i have, i got i from "Home Remote Control & Automation Projects" by Delton Horn but i Cant do it because it uses a X9503 digital potenciometer!...the problem is that here in venezuela they don't sell it!...so does anyone has a Schematic that could pass me??...i haven't been able to find a circuit over internet...thanks a lot!

Engineering news on Phys.org
I know nothing about electronics. Since you have internet, though, have you tried to purchase the required component on-line?

I can't buy it over internet cause our MF commie president in venezuela has got the country under a trade Control!...to buy stuff over the internet you got to do a super long Burocratic process that will take me several months...

i have that schematic but miss the component...and over the internet i can't find an Automatic light Dimmer...that varies the light intensity inversly proportional to the ambient light...does anyone has an schematic that could pass me please!...thanks a lot!...

1. How does an automatic light dimmer work?

An automatic light dimmer works by using a microcontroller to regulate the amount of electricity flowing to the light bulbs. It uses light sensors to detect the ambient light level and adjusts the power supply to dim or brighten the bulbs accordingly.

2. What materials are needed for this experiment?

To conduct this experiment at home, you will need 10 120VAC light bulbs, a microcontroller, a power supply, light sensors, and basic electronic tools such as wires and a soldering iron.

3. Can this experiment be done with different types of light bulbs?

Yes, this experiment can be done with different types of light bulbs as long as they are compatible with the power supply and microcontroller. However, the results may differ depending on the type of bulb used.

4. Is this experiment safe to do at home?

As long as proper safety precautions are taken, this experiment is safe to conduct at home. Make sure to follow all instructions carefully and use caution when handling electricity and electronic components.

5. What are the potential benefits of using an automatic light dimmer?

An automatic light dimmer can help save energy and reduce electricity costs by adjusting the light levels based on the ambient light in a room. It can also prolong the lifespan of light bulbs by preventing them from being at full brightness constantly.