Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Automobile queries

1. Aug 18, 2005 #1
    I am planning to make a go-kart.could someone help me with the design paramaeters?I would like to have a complete idea on the design of the frame (by this i mean to understand the pros n cons of front taper etc used in modern race cars),suspensions etc.

I have gone through much of the standard text books and found that they give light on only the different practical accessories used for these various parts.I would like to have an in depth force,kinematic analysis of the frame,suspension etc. starting from the basics and thus bring out the various effects of front taper, chamber angle, caster angle etc.

Any link to a worthwhile site will also suufice.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2005 #2
    Has anyone PM'd you back on this question yet? I'm just asking because I don't see any responses to this post in the public part of the forum and was wondering if you've been left waiting for an answer :confused:

4. Oct 2, 2005 #3
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?