Automotive 'the garage' subforum.

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter xxChrisxx
  • Start date
I like Serena
Homework Helper
You mean ones like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_C1 ?

My personal theory is that they designed that just to prove that Germans DO have a sense of humor. But they have at least one customer in the UK, because I once saw him riding it!
I've followed this one with interest since its introduction.
It's a car with the advantages of a motorbike!

It has seat belts.
You're allowed to drive it without a helmet, because this is the only motorbike that prevents your head from hitting anything.
You're dry in the rain.
But it's still narrow enough to drive through traffic jams and to park on the sidewalk.

I'm still wondering why it's not more popular!? :confused:

Becuase it's practical and slow.
And noone buys a bike to be practical or slow.

Ryan_m_b
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I've followed this one with interest since its introduction.
It's a car with the advantages of a motorbike!...
I'm still wondering why it's not more popular!? :confused:
I'd hazard a guess it's because it's ugly looking.

I had high hopes for this 3 wheeler.

http://www.gizmag.com/the-plug-in-hybrid-carving-three-wheeler-from-venture/6842/

"Article Summary
February 17, 2007 UPDATED IMAGES Venture Vehicles has formally announced in Los Angeles, the development of a revolutionary (not to mention very cool), 3-wheel, tilting, plug-in Hybrid vehicle under the working name VentureOne. It’s a two-passenger Hybrid vehicle that will get 100 mpg, accelerate from 0-60 in 6 seconds, will have a top speed of over 100 mph, while being priced at under US$20,000. In addition to the low-emission, flex-fuel Hybrid model, a zero-emission all-electric version is also being developed that will have an all-electric range of nearly 200 miles. A key feature of the VentureOne is the patented Dynamic Vehicle Control tilting technology from Dutch-based Carver Engineering that allows the body of the vehicle to actually tilt when going through turns while all three wheels maintain firm contact with the road. Carver already sells petrol-engined versions of the machine, and the Phiaro 3-wheeler is also closely based on the Carver. But a plug-in hybrid with a 200 mile electric range and sportscar performance is very enticing. Production is not scheduled until late 2008 and Venture Vehicles will initially offer two propulsion packages for the VentureOne: the hybrid E50 and Q100, and all-electric Venture EV model. The US$23,000 all-electric model will top the range while the E50 hybrid will sell for US$18,000 and the Q100 hybrid is expected to be priced under US$20,000."

AlephZero
Science Advisor
Homework Helper