Exploring the Mysteries of Avatar II-V: The Top Movies of the Century

• Thread starter cube137
  • Start date
In summary, the movie is about a man who has his body replaced with a Na'vi one, and then decides to leave his old body behind. It is a story about rebellion and choice.
cube137
The number 1 movie of the century is Avatar.
The number 2 movie fo the century is Avengers Endgame.

I watched Avatar again at home as it's been 10 years since I last watched it and wondering why it's number one movie of the century when there were no 22 movie introduction or prequels like Marvel's.

The following are spoilers for those who still haven't watched Avatar I back in 2009!

In the last part of Avatar, the hero transferred his mind from human to Avatar body. Why would he do that? Does it mean his human body would be destroyed, or is it transferrable either way?

Just curious. If there was a human body form serving as Avatar by say dwarf like aliens. How could you recognize an Avatar human from a real one? :)

Also is there an Avatar novel? What is the rumor or guess of what would be the storyline in part 2 to 5? Maybe wars between Earth and the blue skin planet?

Physics news on Phys.org
You can read more about Avatar here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(2009_film)
Great movies aren't measured by their ability and success at spawning sequels, they are measured by the level of acting, the believability in the world creation and the test of time. Some great movies have dropped in the listings because we look at them with our current vision and not how novel they were when they first came out.

A good example is how B/W movies fare in this age of colorful fast action, cgi creations believability. Basically B/W movies relied more on character development and close shots of the actors with great shading but sometimes the props get in the way and ruin the effect now (like clunky computers and walkie talkie like cell phones seem so out of place in contemporary settings.)

I think Avatar was a great movie with a lot of novelty that told a story of technology overrunning more primitive peoples and how they can't really fight back against it without great sacrifice. We know this from history but people shy away from the sins of the past but can absorb the message through a science fiction setting.

cube137 said:
In the last part of Avatar, the hero transferred his mind from human to Avatar body. Why would he do that? Does it mean his human body would be destroyed, or is it transferrable either way?

I thought the 'why' seemed pretty straightforward: trade your crippled human body for a superior Na'vi one and a love interest, why wouldn't you?

As for what happens to his human body, I guess we'll find out when Avatar II comes out sometime around 2021.

Likes russ_watters and jedishrfu
Tghu Verd said:
I thought the 'why' seemed pretty straightforward: trade your crippled human body for a superior Na'vi one and a love interest, why wouldn't you?

As for what happens to his human body, I guess we'll find out when Avatar II comes out sometime around 2021.

In the movie the company approved the replacement of his feet with new ones so he was supposed to be fixed. About the ezla or spirit networks in the trees. Only voices can be heard. It would be nice for them to have forms. In real life. I have a friend who can see nature spirits in trees and forests. I guess they being network of some kind is great idea. I can't wait to see part 2.

jedishrfu said:
You can read more about Avatar here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(2009_film)Great movies aren't measured by their ability and success at spawning sequels, they are measured by the level of acting, the believability in the world creation and the test of time. Some great movies have dropped in the listings because we look at them with our current vision and not how novel they were when they first came out.
I believe the OP is referring to box office receipts as the measure.

...It's worth noting that for headline-making purposes the numbers are never inflation adjusted, but those numbers are more relevant and are available.

cube137 said:
In the movie the company approved the replacement of his feet with new ones so he was supposed to be fixed. About the ezla or spirit networks in the trees. Only voices can be heard. It would be nice for them to have forms. In real life. I have a friend who can see nature spirits in trees and forests. I guess they being network of some kind is great idea. I can't wait to see part 2.

He had rebelled against the company, his conscience taking hold and the realisation that what the company was doing was wrong. he wasn't getting his legs back. he'd made his choice, and found that he could leave his crippled, diminutive body which couldn't breathe the air and move to his big, strong, blue body which could.

The minds of the naa'vi are stored in the "brain" of the planet, and their consciousness, so they could, in theory, have someone who is connected to the tree hallucinate a vision of those stored. A conscious hallucination, if you will - the planet-brain is telling his eyes he's seeing something, rather than his own jumbled brain creating it.

BWV said:
The first Avatar movie was a resetting of Disney's Pocahontas, so presumably Avatar 2 will follow the same plot as Disney's direct to DVD sequel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocahontas_II:_Journey_to_a_New_World
No, to me Avatar was essentially dances with wolves on another planet with Navi instead of Native Americans. Very similar conflicts.

1. What is the premise of Avatar II-V?

Avatar II-V is a series of movies that follow the story of a group of humans who travel to the distant planet of Pandora and become involved in a conflict between the native Na'vi people and a mining corporation seeking to exploit the planet's resources.

2. Will the original cast return for the sequels?

Yes, the original cast including Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, and Sigourney Weaver will be returning for the sequels.

3. When will the movies be released?

The release dates for Avatar II-V have been pushed back multiple times, but the current planned release dates are December 2022 for Avatar II, December 2024 for Avatar III, December 2026 for Avatar IV, and December 2028 for Avatar V.

4. Will the sequels live up to the success of the first Avatar movie?

It is difficult to predict the success of the sequels, but director James Cameron has stated that the scripts for the movies are some of the best he has ever written and that the visual effects will be even more groundbreaking than the first movie.

5. How many Avatar movies are planned?

As of now, there are four sequels planned for the Avatar franchise, but Cameron has stated that there could potentially be more if the sequels are successful.