Average Joe

  • Thread starter Evo
  • Start date

Evo

Mentor
22,860
2,331
Last edited by a moderator:

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
6,987
14
First the half-crazed homemakers, now this ? Does your appetite for self-destruction know no bounds ?
 

Evo

Mentor
22,860
2,331
Gokul43201 said:
First the half-crazed homemakers, now this ? Does your appetite for self-destruction know no bounds ?
I'm shameless. :tongue:
 

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,349
51
Nope, don't watch that, but while I couldn't get an internet connection tonight, I actually turned on the TV and started flipping channels. :yuck: Okay, there was some ballroom dance show with people who can't actually dance, there was something called "Psychic Detectives" which I couldn't stomach past the intro, and then this show called "Beauty and the Geek." It seemed to take people from the full spectrum of personality disorders and toss them together with airheaded women (one was listed as "a sorority girl"...how weird for your whole identity to be based on belonging to a sorority :confused:) and nerdy men (one was a cute geeky med student, but the others were your real insecure, immature, out-of-shape, socially inept nerds). I was repulsed, yet strangely unable to stop watching, I think out of pure horror. :bugeye: Who thinks up this stuff? Filling holes in my backyard was more entertaining (that's what I did first...all the holes where the fenceposts came out needed to be filled).
 

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,094
172
Nope. Super Dave, Weird Al, Little Richard, Big Bad Jim, Dirty Harry, Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry, Fat Albert...but not Average Joe.
 

Evo

Mentor
22,860
2,331
Moonbear said:
"Beauty and the Geek." It seemed to take people from the full spectrum of personality disorders and toss them together with airheaded women (one was listed as "a sorority girl"...how weird for your whole identity to be based on belonging to a sorority :confused:) and nerdy men (one was a cute geeky med student, but the others were your real insecure, immature, out-of-shape, socially inept nerds). I was repulsed, yet strangely unable to stop watching, I think out of pure horror. :bugeye:
Yep, I accidently tuned into Average Joe and couldn't stop. :bugeye: Now I have to see what happens next week. :frown:

Oh, I read about Beauty & the Geek. A bunch of nerds are paired with braindead women. Rats, I missed it!! :tongue:
 
Moonbear said:
Nope, don't watch that, but while I couldn't get an internet connection tonight, I actually turned on the TV and started flipping channels. :yuck: Okay, there was some ballroom dance show with people who can't actually dance, there was something called "Psychic Detectives" which I couldn't stomach past the intro, and then this show called "Beauty and the Geek." It seemed to take people from the full spectrum of personality disorders and toss them together with airheaded women (one was listed as "a sorority girl"...how weird for your whole identity to be based on belonging to a sorority :confused:) and nerdy men (one was a cute geeky med student, but the others were your real insecure, immature, out-of-shape, socially inept nerds). I was repulsed, yet strangely unable to stop watching, I think out of pure horror. :bugeye: Who thinks up this stuff? Filling holes in my backyard was more entertaining (that's what I did first...all the holes where the fenceposts came out needed to be filled).
AH!!! :eek:
There are cool geeky guys out there (like me :biggrin:) and most of us would hate to spend more than five minutes talking to some bimbo.
 

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,349
51
TheStatutoryApe said:
AH!!! :eek:
There are cool geeky guys out there (like me :biggrin:) and most of us would hate to spend more than five minutes talking to some bimbo.
What struck me as funny while watching is that they seemed to pick people who fit a physical stereotype, but don't seem to fit the mental part. They had a fishing/camping contest on this show, and even though they managed to show a few clips of the geeks getting smacked by a tent pole the women were trying to put together (and I wondered if the women just played dumb there and did it on purpose :rofl:), it was really the women telling the geeks how to do everything and getting frustrated that these guys were so useless...and boy were they. The one was sitting there with the fishing rod and reel asking where the "crank" was. The women seemed to be the ones getting the tents assembled too. These were the sort of tents that you don't even need to read instructions to assemble...just unfold the two flexible poles, lock all the segments of the pole together, slide it through the channels in the fabric of the tent and attach it at either end. My nephew got one of those for Christmas to play in, and it took about 2 minutes to assemble. The hardest part is feeding the second pole though after the first one starts pulling the tent material taut. The geeks were sitting there trying to read directions. :rolleyes:
 

Evo

Mentor
22,860
2,331
Moonbear said:
What struck me as funny while watching is that they seemed to pick people who fit a physical stereotype, but don't seem to fit the mental part. They had a fishing/camping contest on this show, and even though they managed to show a few clips of the geeks getting smacked by a tent pole the women were trying to put together (and I wondered if the women just played dumb there and did it on purpose :rofl:), it was really the women telling the geeks how to do everything and getting frustrated that these guys were so useless...and boy were they. The one was sitting there with the fishing rod and reel asking where the "crank" was. The women seemed to be the ones getting the tents assembled too. These were the sort of tents that you don't even need to read instructions to assemble...just unfold the two flexible poles, lock all the segments of the pole together, slide it through the channels in the fabric of the tent and attach it at either end. My nephew got one of those for Christmas to play in, and it took about 2 minutes to assemble. The hardest part is feeding the second pole though after the first one starts pulling the tent material taut. The geeks were sitting there trying to read directions. :rolleyes:
Nooo!!!! Not dumb geeks!!! :grumpy: That is soooo wrong.
 

cronxeh

Gold Member
949
10
Ive lost all faith in 'reality tv' after Adam picked that two timing bimbo Samantha Trenk over Rachel Goetz. Heck, if I had a job I'd ask Rachel out myself.

Edit: Oh I think Adam has a 4D vision! This man's insane. Take a look at this picture

http://www.rachelgoetz.com/photogallery/Rachel%20and%20mom%20at%20wedding.jpg [Broken]

Thats what awaits thee in the future. Oh Adam you taught me well :biggrin:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,349
51
Evo said:
Nooo!!!! Not dumb geeks!!! :grumpy: That is soooo wrong.
I don't know if it was dumb or just totally inept and lacking any common sense. They might still be very book smart. Either way, it sure doesn't work for me.
 

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads

Top