Average net force acting on the performer if his mass is 65kg?

In summary, the conversation was about someone needing help with a physics problem involving a human cannonball. They tried using different equations such as a = (v2-v1)/t and d = vt, but were unsure of how to apply them. They also had trouble understanding the variables v0 and x0. After some explanation, they were able to solve the problem using the equation d = 1/2at^2.
ital_dj
[SOLVED] I really need help

I understand the very simple questions and all, but when the book throws all these extra things at me, I get so lost. You might've remembered my earlier post (my first one), so I'm back with a bit more.

Code:
If it takes a human cannonball 1.5s to exit a 1.6m long cannon, what is the average net force acting on the performer if his mass is 65kg?

I tried using a a=[tex]\frac{v_{2}-v_{1}}{t}[/tex] equation, but that wouldn't work. I also tried the d = v t equation, but that wouldn't work either. I'm assuming I still use Fnet = ma for this.

For you answers could you also tell me why that works? Thanks a lot

EDIT: Additionally, I just read the sticky, and if a mod feels that it should belong in the homework section, please feel free to move it; but it's not really homework, as I'm just studying for a test.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
use
[tex]
x=\frac{1}{2}a t^2 + v_0 t + x_0
[/tex]

and F=ma

I'm still having trouble putting the formula together. I filled in the t's with the 1.5, but I've never heard of v_0... I've heard of v_1 though. Additionally, how is there an x on both sides of the equation?

v_0 is the initial velocity, which is...

x_0 is the initial position, which is...

x is the final position, which is...

Ok, I finally got it. You're equation helped a little, but I was still confused by it. The final equation was d = 1/2at^2

Thanks a lot for the effort... I really don't think I'm going to do well on this test :cry:

1. What is the formula for calculating the average net force acting on a performer?

The formula for calculating average net force is F = m x a, where F is force, m is mass, and a is acceleration.

2. How is the mass of the performer related to the net force acting on them?

The mass of the performer directly affects the net force acting on them. The greater the mass, the greater the force needed to move the performer.

3. Can you explain the difference between net force and average net force?

Net force refers to the total force acting on an object, while average net force takes into account the changes in force over a period of time. It is calculated by dividing the net force by the time interval.

4. Is the average net force acting on a performer always constant?

No, the average net force acting on a performer can vary depending on the movement and acceleration of the performer. It can also change over time as different forces act on the performer.

5. How does the average net force affect the performer's motion?

The average net force determines the acceleration of the performer. If the average net force is greater than 0, the performer will experience a change in motion, either speeding up or slowing down. If the average net force is 0, the performer will remain at a constant velocity.