Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AVG antivirus help

1. Mar 27, 2017 #1
    I have some troubles with AVG. When I download it, it is always installed in my native language, how can I install it in English? And I cannot find quarantine folder. Version is 17. I read a help file but it was different. Would you help me?

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2017 #2

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This may work. Delete AVG. Change native language in browser to English. Download AVG. Change native language back to what you want.

4. Mar 28, 2017 #3

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

From AVG / Options / Help contents / Index / Find ' language '

Language selection :

To change the display language of AVG, choose from the drop-down menu and click OK. After restarting AVG, the whole application will be displayed in the selected language.

Usually the drop-down menu will only offer English, or English and one other language (the one you selected during installation). To add a new language to the list, you need to run the https://www.physicsforums.com/main_reinstallation_of_avg.htm [Broken] of AVG in the Custom mode, and add the required languages in the Additional Languages section.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  5. Mar 28, 2017 #4

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not sure what you mean by quarantine folder . All suspicious material is sent to the virus vault which you can visit via the Options menu .

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted