Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AVG antivirus help

1. Mar 27, 2017 #1
    I have some troubles with AVG. When I download it, it is always installed in my native language, how can I install it in English? And I cannot find quarantine folder. Version is 17. I read a help file but it was different. Would you help me?

Thank you.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2017 #2

Science Advisor

This may work. Delete AVG. Change native language in browser to English. Download AVG. Change native language back to what you want.
  4. Mar 28, 2017 #3

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

From AVG / Options / Help contents / Index / Find ' language '

Language selection :

To change the display language of AVG, choose from the drop-down menu and click OK. After restarting AVG, the whole application will be displayed in the selected language.

Usually the drop-down menu will only offer English, or English and one other language (the one you selected during installation). To add a new language to the list, you need to run the https://www.physicsforums.com/main_reinstallation_of_avg.htm [Broken] of AVG in the Custom mode, and add the required languages in the Additional Languages section.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  5. Mar 28, 2017 #4

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not sure what you mean by quarantine folder . All suspicious material is sent to the virus vault which you can visit via the Options menu .
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted