Insights AVX-512 Assembly Programming: Opmask Registers for Conditional Arithmetic - Comments

anorlunda

Mentor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I'm learning a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Are there libraries that make use of this instruction set to handle arbitrary length vectors?

Are there libraries that make use of this instruction set to handle arbitrary length vectors?
Thanks for taking the time to have a look at my article! The conclusion of this article is in the pipeline, and should be published in a few days.

Regarding your question, not that I know of, but then I don't really know what products are using this technology. Most of my efforts have been spent in just figuring out how to use this stuff. The AVX-512 instruction set has about a dozen subsets, some of which are yet to be released. One of the yet-to-be-released subsets is AVX-512VNNI (vector neural network instructions), and is designed to accelerate convolutional neural network algorithms (https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/x86/avx512vnni).

As far as who else is using this technology, the AVX-512 stuff is pretty new, so, and makes some heavy hardware demands. I think the situation is a bit like when Intel and AMD came out with 32-bit processors in the mid-80s, but it took about 10 years for OSes to catch up.

Last edited by a moderator: