Shouldn't We Get Awards for Referring People?

• Thread starter Jameson
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of implementing a reward system for referring people to a website. Some suggestions for rewards include keeping one's job, a pat on the back, or simply recognition. One person discovers they have a referral and is surprised by the referral system. The conversation also touches on the idea of people feeling entitled to rewards for their actions.
Jameson
Gold Member
MHB
Don't you guys think we should get something for referring people? I mean what's the point of having the counter? It just seems a little useless. Ok, so maybe I'm just trying to sneak my way up the PF social ladder, but I still think some kind of reward system could be cool.

Jameson

Physics news on Phys.org
How about - you get to keep your job? That's the reward most people get for doing a good job at work.

Or - how about we give you a pat on the back?

Or - we just say "Good bloody show, Mate!" :biggrin:

Do you actually use the referral thing? I tell people about the site, but just give the main site address without my referral ID (as if I could even remember it).

Check me out... I've got a grand total of, well 1.

Keep up the good work!

I have a referall ID?

You don't need an ID. When the person signs up, there's a space for them to put your PF name as someone who referred them.

Why do most people think that everything they do in life deserves an award?

Jameson said:
You don't need an ID. When the person signs up, there's a space for them to put your PF name as someone who referred them.

Hey, since you said that, I took a look. I have a referral! :rofl: I know the folks I've sent here, but none has spoken up and told me they signed in. (Most come back and tell me it looks a little "intense." :biggrin:) I didn't even know it worked that way. Ha.

Moonbear said:
I have a referral! :rofl:
Good bloody show, Mate! :biggrin:

FredGarvin said:
Why do most people think that everything they do in life deserves an award?

too many awards shows on tv

1. What are "Awards for Referrals"?

"Awards for Referrals" are incentives given to individuals for referring others to a particular product, service, or program. These awards can come in the form of cash, gift cards, discounts, or other rewards.

2. How do "Awards for Referrals" work?

The specific process for earning "Awards for Referrals" may vary depending on the program or company. In general, individuals can earn awards by referring others and having those referrals make a purchase or sign up for a service. The details of the referral process and the rewards offered will be outlined by the company or program offering the awards.

3. Are there any requirements to receive "Awards for Referrals"?

Again, this may vary depending on the program or company. Some may require that the referral makes a purchase or signs up for a service, while others may simply require that the referral provides their information. It is important to carefully review the requirements and terms of the program to ensure eligibility for the awards.

4. How much can I earn through "Awards for Referrals"?

The amount earned through "Awards for Referrals" can vary greatly. Some programs may offer a set cash amount per referral, while others may offer a percentage of the referral's purchase or a tiered system based on the number of referrals. It is important to understand the specific rewards offered before participating in a referral program.

5. Are there any limitations or restrictions on using "Awards for Referrals"?

As with any program or rewards system, there may be limitations or restrictions on using "Awards for Referrals." These could include expiration dates, minimum purchase requirements, or specific terms and conditions for redeeming the rewards. It is important to carefully review these limitations and restrictions before participating in a referral program.