NZ film on Space Channel called Black Sheep

In summary, "Black Sheep" is a New Zealand film about genetically engineered sheep that turn into blood-thirsty killers and terrorize a farm. The film has been described as "the Violence of the Lambs" and "Get the flock out of here!" It has a 6/10 rating on IMDB and there is a trailer available on YouTube. Despite its title, the film is not related to the popular children's nursery rhyme "Baa Baa Black Sheep."
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I am watching a truly awesome NZ film on Space Channel called Black Sheep.

"An experiment in genetic engineering turns harmless sheep into blood-thirsty killers that terrorize a sprawling New Zealand farm."

Byline: Get ready for the Violence of the Lambs!

Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:

Another great byline: Get the flock out of here!

DaveC426913 said:

You're kidding, right? Did you make that up? :rofl:

Last edited:
GeorginaS said:
You're kidding, right? Did you make that up? :rofl:
Read the imdb entry, watch the trailer.

DaveC426913 said:
Read the imdb entry, watch the trailer.
No kidding.

Oh, hey! Your open head is back! I recognise you again. :smile:

Doesn't hold a candle to the cinematic genius of Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I looked it up on netflix and they actually have episodes of "Baa Baa Black Sheep"! I used to love that show when I was a wide-eyed youngster.

1. What is the premise of "Black Sheep"?

The film follows a group of scientists studying genetically modified sheep on a remote New Zealand farm. When a rogue experiment goes wrong, the sheep become bloodthirsty and the scientists must fight for their lives.

2. Is "Black Sheep" scientifically accurate?

While the film takes creative liberties, it does touch on real scientific concepts such as genetic modification and the potential dangers of altering animal DNA. However, it should not be taken as a completely accurate representation of scientific practices.

3. Who is the target audience for "Black Sheep"?

The film is primarily targeted towards fans of horror and comedy genres, as it combines elements of both. However, it may also appeal to those interested in science fiction and New Zealand cinema.

4. Are there any notable actors or filmmakers involved in "Black Sheep"?

The film features New Zealand actors such as Nathan Meister and Danielle Mason, as well as director Jonathan King. It also received critical acclaim and multiple awards at film festivals around the world.

5. Can "Black Sheep" be streamed online?

At the moment, "Black Sheep" is not available for streaming on major platforms. However, it can be purchased or rented on DVD or Blu-ray, and may be available on some smaller streaming sites.