Cambodian Orphans Donate $9,000 to Alberta Flood Victims

• News
  • Thread starter Danger
  • Start date
In summary, the residents of an orphanage in Cambodia, who have very little, generously donated $9,000 to aid the 100,000 southern Albertans who were forced to evacuate due to destructive floods. This act of kindness is truly remarkable and shows the power of compassion and generosity. It is also worth noting that the speaker was not personally affected by the floods, as their grandfather had the foresight to build their house on higher ground. The fact that the orphanage was able to make such a significant donation is truly impressive and speaks to the resilience and empathy of the human spirit. This heartwarming story sheds light on the positive impact that even the smallest acts of kindness can have on those in need.
Danger
Gold Member
Residents of an orphanage in Cambodia, who have almost nothing, just donated $9,000 to assist the 100,000 southern Albertans who were evacuated due to devastating floods. How cool is that?

By the bye, I wasn't affected. My grandfather wisely built my house half-way up a steep hill.

Physics news on Phys.org
Danger said:
Residents of an orphanage in Cambodia, who have almost nothing, just donated $9,000 to assist the 100,000 southern Albertans who were evacuated due to devastating floods. How cool is that?

By the bye, I wasn't affected. My grandfather wisely built my house half-way up a steep hill.

That is wild! How in the world was that orphanage able to donate that?

1. What led to Cambodian orphans donating money to Alberta flood victims?

The Cambodian orphans were inspired by the generosity of Canadians who had donated to support their country during previous natural disasters, and wanted to give back to Canada in their time of need.

2. How much money did the Cambodian orphans donate?

The Cambodian orphans donated a total of $9,000 to Alberta flood victims.

3. How did the donation process take place?

The Cambodian orphans, along with their caretakers, raised money through various fundraising activities such as selling crafts and organizing charity events. The money was then donated to the Canadian Red Cross to support the flood relief efforts in Alberta.

4. What impact did the donation have on the Alberta flood victims?

The donation from the Cambodian orphans provided much-needed financial support to the Alberta flood victims, helping them to rebuild their homes and communities after the devastating natural disaster. It also served as a heartwarming gesture of solidarity and compassion from one country to another.

5. Are there any other examples of international donations during natural disasters?

Yes, there have been many instances of international donations during natural disasters, showcasing the power of global solidarity. For example, after the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan, countries around the world donated billions of dollars to support the recovery efforts. Similarly, during the recent Australian bushfires, many countries, including Canada, donated money, resources, and personnel to help combat the fires and support affected communities.

Back