1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Axial stress rate vs axial strain rate

1. Jun 26, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I have a Mohr-Coulomb plasticity model with isotropic hardening on the cohesion c(k). The angle of internal friction is constant. k=sqrt((2/3)*(de)'Q*de), where de is the time derivative of the plastic strain. Q is diag[1,1,1,0.5,0.5,0.5]. It is a triaxial test assuming associated plasticity and a constant confining pressure (sigma2=sigma3=constant)

2. Relevant equations
    I know that for associated plasticity the plastic potential function has the same shape as the yield function.

3. The attempt at a solution
    I have tried the following: sigma(ij)=Dijkl(dE(kl)dekl)=Dijkl(dE(kl)-dlambda*(df/dsigma(kl)), where f is the yield function and dE is the time derivative of the axial strain. dlambda=(1/h)*(df/dsigma(kl)*Dijkl*dE

I have no idea how to continue to fill in the equation or the elastic matrix. Please help me.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted