Ayman al-Zawahiri might be dead

• News
  • Thread starter scott1
  • Start date
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Today a tape of al-Zawahiri was released but nothing in the tape indicates that he is still alive as nothing refers to current events. It seems to me that one of two things could be happening here: First, it could be that this was released by other groups to force a showing. It could be that his body was secreted away along with two others right after the strike, and some people might suspect that he is dead. Or, I wonder if this could be a set of instructions for terrorists to initiate various pre-planned attacks.

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
If my family dies because I invited terrorists to dinner at my house, I'll deserve the punishment I get.
Your punishment is irrelevant to the fact that your FAMILY dies for what you do, your FAMILY is the "collateral damage".

Moral pluralism by far and away makes the most sense. Relativism taken to the extreme is absurd, so is utilitarianism, only way is to be flexible.

To be frank it never ceases to amaze me why some people seem to think their culture is superior or to judge other cultures as inferior. But then that's nationalism for you, quite morally bankrupt really. I'm afraid that's what lead to WWII, the idea that your culture is superior to others. What gives you the right to judge? Why do you think you can dictate what culture is the best and why should anyone care what you think?

Me I'm a great admirer of the Massai culture, but then I don't judge people as wanting because they chose a certain way of living.

I just noticed this thread has returned from the dead.

Last edited: