1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B.E. to Msc?

1. Aug 28, 2009 #1
    B.E. to Msc???

i am currently doing my B.E. Mechanical Engineering. I am very interested in doing my post graduation MSc in a foreign university in US like MIT, Caltech, Cornell etc (Even others would be wonderful but I cant recollect any as of now:) ). I have very good grades. I have been regularly securing University Rank. Plus, as an extra curricular activity, I have won many chess championships in the district and college. The area I want to do my MSc is in Astrophysics/Quantum Mechanics. Though I have not been directly involved with the subject in my course, I have been working on it otherwise and have even published a couple of papers on Relativity. Plus, I have taken part in many pure science based seminars and have been involved in projects on QM, The Standard Model etc with many professors. Despite having a BE in Mechanical Engineering as the backgrond as mentioned above, what are my chances of doing an MSc in astrophysics, QM, Relativity or similar pure physics subjects?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted