1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B.S.->Peace Corps->Grad School

1. Feb 12, 2008 #1
    B.S.-->Peace Corps-->Grad School

Ok so I am thinking about joining the peace corps right after I graduate with my B.S. in Engineering Physics. I really have been wanting to do this for a long time. After two years in the Peace Corps, I would really like to goto Grad. School for Physics or Math. I really don;t want to goto Grad School right after because I would like to take a break and explore the world a bit and do some humanitarian aid. By the way, applying to grad school, would the peace corps look good on an app? I am not doing it for this reason alone obviously, i am just curious. So what do you think?
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2008 #2

Staff: Mentor

I think working in the Peace Corps is commendable, and I think it is an invaluable experience. It certainly would look good on a grad school application.
  4. Feb 13, 2008 #3
    I have had the same aspirations
    my only fear is that I will not be ready for grad school after a 2 year break form school, not just in the sense that I won't remember thins, but more that I won't be reay to be back in a school environment
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?